Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

when are the police and the local government MCC going to do something its enough and one more death that should not happen

the canal's are not safe and if this was a road accident then somebody would be shout from the hill tops to do something, over 100 death in a short time period is shocking and how many more will we have to fish out before the council do something, drain them in the winter if we have to or have locks and fencing to stop you falling in ??? how hard would it be to drain them in the winter nobody use's them in the winter and only the Marina parks have the boats moored in the winter so they don't move

its enough now and every time somebody is fished out how hard must it be to the people's families that have lost loved ones this way

when are the police and the local government MCC going to do something its enough and one more death that should not happen

the canal's are not safe and if this was a road accident then somebody would be shout from the hill tops to do something, over 100 death in a short time period is shocking and how many more will we have to fish out before the council do something, drain them in the winter if we have to or have locks and fencing to stop you falling in ??? how hard would it be to drain them in the winter nobody use's them in the winter and only the Marina parks have the boats moored in the winter so they don't move

its enough now and every time somebody is fished out how hard must it be to the people's families that have lost loved ones this way
Plenty of people use (and live on) canals during the winter. Draining them would be a ridiculously expensive undertaking (I reckon), although it may afford an opportunity to clear up the insane levels of human detritus that will have accumulated over the years on the canal bed tbf

People should avoid walking along the canals in certain circumstances, including when they’re pissed and late at night, just as they would certain parts of town in the same circumstances.

Otherwise, there’s simply no magic wand for this

Plenty of people use (and live on) canals during the winter. Draining them would be a ridiculously expensive undertaking (I reckon), although it may afford an opportunity to clear up the insane levels of human detritus that will have accumulated over the years on the canal bed tbf

People should avoid walking along the canals in certain circumstances, including when they’re pissed and late at night, just as they would certain parts of town in the same circumstances.

Otherwise, there’s simply no magic wand for this

i was thinking more of draining the canal around the town centre and maybe a 2 mile zone, its easy to drain and they have done it many times to clean it up

Yes lets drain the canal's so when someone falls in they just break their friggin neck instead of drowning.

is this thread a wind up, its the first iv seen of this, is there a serial killer in Manchester then or not?

is this thread a wind up, its the first iv seen of this, is there a serial killer in Manchester then or not?
It is the numbers bud. A professor (an expert in spree killings) in Birmingham looked at it all and the short story is a third of all waterway deaths in the UK from 2010 have been on the Manchester canal system. The dead have all been roughly the same age and male, just 2 females. Many have been found near the gay village. Not just there but it is note worthy.

The popular theory is there is a killer who targets gay men or men they think are gay. The numbers and stats make it very hard to dismiss the idea there is a killer just outright.

Statistically canals are not high on places for male suicide but they are for being a "dumping ground" apparently so a lot of other circumstantial stuff that is pretty credible also kind of supports the idea.

Personally i just don't know but i won't be taking any tippsy walks along the canal system late at night alone anyway just to be safe.

Last edited:
It is the numbers bud. A professor (an expert in spree killings) in Birmingham looked at it all and the short story is a third of all waterway deaths in the UK from 2010 have been on the Manchester canal system. The dead have all been roughly the same age and male, just 2 females. Many have been found near the gay village. Not just there but it is note worthy.

The popular theory is there is a killer who targets gay men or men they think are gay. The numbers and stats make it very hard to dismiss the idea there is a killer just outright.

Statistically canals are not high on places for male suicide but they are for being a "dumping ground" apparently so a lot of other circumstantial stuff that is pretty credible also kind of supports the idea.

Personally i just don't know but i won't be taking any tippsy walks along the canal system late at night alone anyway just to be safe.
Thanks for letting us know mate, I didn't know bout this, bloody hell I have a girlfriend but im going to watch my step.

Your obviously not a boater as you have no idea how the canal system works. You cannot just drain them in the winter and if you could what’s your proposal for the summer months. Why not not ban cars on the roads in the evenings so the drunks don’t get run over when they cross the road. Alternatively we could ban predestrians from using the towpaths as they were originally put there for the boats People have to accept responsibility for their own actions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.