Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

My lad went to uni in York and just before he went students were ending up in the Ouse with alarming regularity - I don't think the Mrs slept for the first month because of some of the states he used to come home in.

As did I. It's not that surprising though when you've lived there, walked the rivers edge and seen how people behave around the river.

Pissed up folk show off and walk along the bridge walls, take shortcuts down towards the millennium bridge where there is very little lighting, a couple of rat runs along behind the Park Inn hotel and regular flooding catch people out. Not to mention people often go for a swim in it further down, which is fucking daft.

I knew people affected by some of the people that passed away in the rivers, some seemed to highlight mental health states and personal choices, whilst others weren't satisfied and thought foul play. Though it was regular in the press (used to work in Sainsbury's there) that people would look for their 'way out' by jumping in.

It's all common place, and I would think that the same for canals and other Cities.

Indeed:

Amsterdam had 51 cases of drowning 2010-2013

Local daily De Telegraaf says only one of those casualties occurred as the result of a crime.

The other 50 drownings were ruled accidents. The vast majority of them involved men, most of whom were drunk when they fell in while relieving themselves.

A friend of mine (canal boat enthusiast) was out with a few mates and they had been drinking in a canalside pub.
After closing they staggered out and one of them said, "Hey look lads, it's been raining!"
Splatoosh, straight in.
They did manage to fish him out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.