Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

I'd had a litre of Vodka in Sydney for NYE (a lot for me, 10 stone wet through) and I started to sober whilst in the sea at Coogee early in the morning. The current was very strong and pulled me down the beach about 100 metres before I got out so unless your absolutely paralytic the cold water will sober you to a great degree. Too many of these deaths for me TBH.

johnny on the spot said:
It seems we have two distinct thought camps here.

Either all of these thirteen people are accidentally falling into water and drowning, or somebody is incapacitating and fatally introducing them to deep water. Neither is inconceivable or outlandish.

My opinion is that we're into Moscow Rules territory and the situation deserves suspicion.

what about some of them are unfortunate accidents and some are the result of scuffles/attacks/nasty people?<br /><br />-- Aug 6th, '13, 23:45 --<br /><br />
dronefromsector7g said:
I'd had a litre of Vodka in Sydney for NYE (a lot for me, 10 stone wet through) and I started to sober whilst in the sea at Coogee early in the morning. The current was very strong and pulled me down the beach about 100 metres before I got out so unless your absolutely paralytic the cold water will sober you to a great degree. Too many of these deaths for me TBH.

how deep is a canal compared to the shallow waves of a beach?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnny on the spot said:

Either all of these thirteen people are accidentally falling into water and drowning, or somebody is incapacitating and fatally introducing them to deep water. Neither is inconceivable or outlandish.

My opinion is that we're into Moscow Rules territory and the situation deserves suspicion.

what about some of them are unfortunate accidents and some are the result of scuffles/attacks/nasty people?

-- Aug 6th, '13, 23:45 --

dronefromsector7g said:

I was in water 2 or 3 metres deep, all beaches have different gradients, and do you know about rip tides and currents? Ever seen the red flags on beaches?

dronefromsector7g said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnny on the spot said:

what about some of them are unfortunate accidents and some are the result of scuffles/attacks/nasty people?

dronefromsector7g said:

I was in water 2 or 3 metres deep, all beaches have different gradients, and do you know about rip tides and currents? Ever seen the red flags on beaches?

Yes, fair enough, but equally the lifeguards get busy sometimes with drunks in the sea so then again just because you manage doesn't mean others will.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Yes, fair enough, but equally the lifeguards get busy sometimes with drunks in the sea so then again just because you manage doesn't mean others will.

Usually because of issues with the currents though.

well I put an FoI request in so hopefully we'll find out in the next few weeks if something unusual is going on.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Usually because of issues with the currents though.

well I put an FoI request in so hopefully we'll find out in the next few weeks if something unusual is going on.

Let us know what you find out pal. Could quash it or add fuel to the fire. Be interesting either way.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnny on the spot said:

dronefromsector7g said:

The depth of Canals varies because of say "dredging" But in my experience they nasty horrible places and unless you can "inflate your feet as a diver" (which is scary) they are all mostly "nil viz" I'd say in the middle of most canals (not the ship canal) it's about 10 foot or 3 metres. However sometimes you can easily find yourself in 5 or 6 metres of water (like a diving pool at the local baths) with zero visibility. They are horrible nasty places even when you are in only 4 feet of water.

Very hard to prove if there are no witnesses. I think some will be accidents and some muggings/murder

johnmc said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Depends on various factors..water temp,if i banged my head,clothing,how disorientated i was...

People don't bang their head when they fall apparently. Anyway a regular slip on the floor when pissed. People do all the time. Nothing spectacular. A fall into the canal.

Clothing? You are wearing jeans and a shirt. Maybe a jacket. No chain mail.

Water is cold but not freezing. No current as its a canal.

You fall in pissed. You would be confident of getting out yourself or being able to shout for help. A canal is what? 10 foot wide?

I can tell you that people DO bang there head when falling into water.
Nothing Spectacular?? Go get pissed and just fall into the Canal that runs along side Asda Walmart near citys ground. The incidents that I have read,the weather has been a factor. The lad from Stockport (think it was last year or 2 yrs ago) the CCTV shows him trying to take a short cut to get a bus,not knowing the area he became disorientated whilst pissed and in the harshest weather ever. Believe me the water temperature in winter is very very cold and can cause you to go into shock very quickly.
As i said re the drunk argument, Some people are just merry,others are literally struggling to stand,walk straight so levels of pissedness would have an effect on being able to swim,not panic etc.
Shouting for help..??At 3 or 4 am...Oh I,loads of people walking along the canals at that time!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.