Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
117 M34 said:
And the winner of the competition is you mate. No other reason at all. Drink and water is not a good combination.

Does your police contract stipulate that you have to tow the party line in all cover ups?

Now I am not sure if you are being serious however are you aware that when a body is found/recovered anywhere be it in a canal,a field etc where the cause of death is unknown a Post Mortem is carried out. Now if all these people had been murdered there would have been forensic and pathalogical evidence. Now please tell me you do not actually believe there is a serial killer on the loose in Manchester who dumping bodies in the canals...
I can tell you of 3 incidents where people have gone missing over the past 2 yrs where they have been drunk,disorientated,tried to take a short cut home and have been pulled dead from the canal.
It's booze I am afraid mate. Loads of drunks end up in the locks at the weekend but survive. As I said..Booze and water are a terrible combination!

If you fell in a canal when drunk do you think you would die?

johnmc said:
117 M34 said:
Does your police contract stipulate that you have to tow the party line in all cover ups?

Now I am not sure if you are being serious however are you aware that when a body is found/recovered anywhere be it in a canal,a field etc where the cause of death is unknown a Post Mortem is carried out. Now if all these people had been murdered there would have been forensic and pathalogical evidence. Now please tell me you do not actually believe there is a serial killer on the loose in Manchester who dumping bodies in the canals...
I can tell you of 3 incidents where people have gone missing over the past 2 yrs where they have been drunk,disorientated,tried to take a short cut home and have been pulled dead from the canal.
It's booze I am afraid mate. Loads of drunks end up in the locks at the weekend but survive. As I said..Booze and water are a terrible combination!

Depends on various factors..water temp,if i banged my head,clothing,how disorientated i was...

Depends on various factors..water temp,if i banged my head,clothing,how disorientated i was...

People don't bang their head when they fall apparently. Anyway a regular slip on the floor when pissed. People do all the time. Nothing spectacular. A fall into the canal.

Clothing? You are wearing jeans and a shirt. Maybe a jacket. No chain mail.

Water is cold but not freezing. No current as its a canal.

You fall in pissed. You would be confident of getting out yourself or being able to shout for help. A canal is what? 10 foot wide?

johnmc said:
117 M34 said:

i've never tested my swimming ability whilst pissed, but I reckon I'd struggle.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

You struggle to get to the side of a canal?

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

I'd struggle to keep afloat I reckon, you'd be so disorientated depending on the level of drunkenness.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I'd struggle to keep afloat I reckon, you'd be so disorientated depending on the level of drunkenness.

Fair enough. Never tried it. But I'd be confident of getting to the side. The furthest you would be is 9ft. Some of these people seem to be walking the right way home in the first so they can't have been blind drunk. I'd have thought it would sober you up quickly.

johnmc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnmc said:

Fair enough. Never tried it. But I'd be confident of getting to the side. The furthest you would be is 9ft. Some of these people seem to be walking the right way home in the first so they can't have been blind drunk. I'd have thought it would sober you up quickly.

depends, falling whilst being a bit disorientated, maybe head first so blood rushing to the head, when drunk you react differently so you could have a blind panic and cause yourself a big issue when you'd be fine pretty sober thinking straight.

It seems we have two distinct thought camps here.

Either all of these thirteen people are accidentally falling into water and drowning, or somebody is incapacitating and fatally introducing them to deep water. Neither is inconceivable or outlandish.

My opinion is that we're into Moscow Rules territory and the situation deserves suspicion.

Anyone notice any smiley faces in the area? Hope he didn't go international .

More seriously, I don't even like walking next to those canals let alone go in the them but what's the temp like? I've jumped into water before that was colder than expected and my muscles have seized up in a weird way that i couldn't imagine dealing with drunk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.