Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.
If you want a serious response then couch your question in serious terms. Your current question is framed to elicit emotive responses for the most part.

mancityscot said:
End of season. Give him a full season to work with the players. If we get rid at Xmas, we become a laughing stock

We'd be a laughing stock if we sack him after a single season too. Took Ferguson over 3 years to win anything at United.

malg said:
I've always said wait and see where we are at Xmas. That includes the League the Europa League and the FA Cup. Ferguson has always said that it all gets going after Christmas, and although he is a twat, I believe he's right with that one. I see you had a bit of a dig about people saying the team needs time to gel, however that's a fact. It is also something that some of the more respectable pundits have said. I still don't believe Mancini has ever started with his 1st eleven. Mancini still needs time, and unfortunately for him, patience from the fans.

I agree, but just to be pedantic, unless the FA change the rules for City, the FA Cup won't even have started for us at christmas.

If we could have a settled defence for 2 games in a row it might help (and that includes De Jong).

After yesterday maybe a few players won't be so quick to go off partying this weekend, or maybe not. Personally I'd have had them in for training at 8:30am this morning.

de niro said:
I have had my doubts over Mancini,until recently.I think he was really unlucky to play that game with Nigel and Carlos, they are big players for him.is it self inflicted though? to me he overtrains the players, they don't like it and they won't thank him for it, it also seems we have a fair few injuries, if we took it easy once in a while we may have a full squad to choose from.
He got everything wrong today Inc Zab for ade but for a while he's done ok for me.
The question how long will he get will not be answered on here it willbe by the prem table come next may, top four or he's gone.

After your "open letter" to the manager last week, I pointedly commented that your view would stick as long as the next defeat...

I didn't have to wait long did I?

As Roger Daltey once warbled... "Schizophrenia? Fuckin' Quadrophenia..."

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.
abandon ship we`ve lost two games on the spin....as long as we win our next 28 games everybody will relax,the boo boys will retreat and bobby manc will have a bronze statue of him outside the stadium before we know it...ffs

For me, it's quite simple.

Players get managers sacked, whether they be good managers or not.

Steve McClaren, whatever his faults, has been able to repair his reputation elsewhere after England.

Mancini is a GOOD manager, he is able to identify weaknesses in the team, both on and off the pitch.

However, when people are not pulling in the same direction, it becomes a cancer in the club.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, some of our so-called most influential players, also have strong voices of influence.

Like most humans, he is falable, and will make the wrong call or signing.

It is only to be highlighted further due to the scrutiny we now call for.

He/we need a trophy, plain and simple.

He has let himself down with a couple of signings in Yaya and Milner, who, alongside Barry, has a major impact on the rest of the team.

There is no dynamic in the middle of his team, just pedestrian one-paced side-to-siders who are easily taken out of the equation by a busier opponent.

Mancini and (Marwood)already knows this and is trying to address it (Jordan Henderson).

The ride will continue to be bumpy, but I expect big positive reactions against both West Brom and Manure.

There is no way we will fall out of the Champions League reckoning between now and Christmas, more by default and previous good results.

That, and a lack of quality available managers at present, Mancini certain, quite rightly, has the good grace of at least the summer.

By then, we will learn more if Mancini is the man they rally to, under one banner, or it was simple case of his face did not fit.

I take Carlos Tevez out of this equation. He has his issues, but a more fantastic professional for the cause we couldn't wish to have.

Mark Hughes got 2 pre seasons and 18 months and there were some on here who thought that was not long enough.

I felt Hughes needed to go as we were still a shambles at the back despite spending over 200 million.

On that basis I think Mancini should have until the end of the season. In other words the same time frame as Hughes. If we are in top four and showing progress so that a stab at the title next year seems more than pie in the sky, he stays.

Too many more Hughes like performances like yesterday's and his position will become difficult.

In terms of signings, I think Mancini has been left a few problems by his predecessor.

For me Kompany, de Jong,Given and Zabaleta, as a useful squad player, were Hughes' best signings, both in terms of ability but perhaps more importantly in terms of mentality.

Bridge, RSC, Lescott, Adebayor have been high risk gambles which have failed. Neither Bridge nor Lescott are good enough. Adebayor along with Tevez and Bellamy are high maintenance. In Tevez's case it can be forgiven as his effort and effect are there for all to see.

Mancini's signings have been better. Silva is a gem, Yaya is a top player no matter what some on here think. Balotelli is however Mancini's Bellamy. Let's see.

While Milner is Roberto's Barry. Honest pro but limited.

But overall they are a talented bunch and should easily be capable of top four finish. If they don't Mancini will no doubt be gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.