Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

m27 said:
As you might know, I'm a Mancini 'fan', so this might be of interest.

I was there today, and he got it so wrong it was laughable. However, I know you, Billy, Dids Dave and loads others have thought he gets it 'wrong' on a regular basis but I can normally defend him. One example being the Newcastle game, I saw AJ being whipped into a frenzy on the sidelines only to be unleashed to win the game for us. I saw it as perfect management. Others thought AJ should have been on the pitch from the start and we would have won a lot easier. They might have been right but in the end, Mancini's way got us three points.

Today was the first time I didn't know what he was trying to do. I've played football all my life and you are told time and time again that you have to "Win the battles and earn the right to play" and Mancini's always seemed to fit with this philosophy up to today. Today he lost the plot and any more days like that will get me seriously questioning him.

It's my gut feeling he saw today as another Burnley away and the way we started it could have been all over in 15 minutes. Problem was, we didn't score and then we were awful.

He has to have until the end of the season unless the club, or you lot, see Rijkaard as an option.

I was there too and pretty much echo all your sentiments.

It was horrific and Bob fucked it up big style.

blumoonrises said:
Mansour is expecting top 4 this season..
I've said before, we'll struggle to meet the fair play regulations in we don't get CL money this year.

Which leads to an inevitable cycle:
No CL
Balance sheet doesn't pass.
Barred from UEFA Comp.
No CL
Balance sheet doesn't pass.
Barred from UEFA Comp.
etc.

And the owner won't stick with an asset he can't flaunt on the biggest stage in club football.

Rammy Blue said:
m27 said:
As you might know, I'm a Mancini 'fan', so this might be of interest.

I was there today, and he got it so wrong it was laughable. However, I know you, Billy, Dids Dave and loads others have thought he gets it 'wrong' on a regular basis but I can normally defend him. One example being the Newcastle game, I saw AJ being whipped into a frenzy on the sidelines only to be unleashed to win the game for us. I saw it as perfect management. Others thought AJ should have been on the pitch from the start and we would have won a lot easier. They might have been right but in the end, Mancini's way got us three points.

Today was the first time I didn't know what he was trying to do. I've played football all my life and you are told time and time again that you have to "Win the battles and earn the right to play" and Mancini's always seemed to fit with this philosophy up to today. Today he lost the plot and any more days like that will get me seriously questioning him.

It's my gut feeling he saw today as another Burnley away and the way we started it could have been all over in 15 minutes. Problem was, we didn't score and then we were awful.

He has to have until the end of the season unless the club, or you lot, see Rijkaard as an option.

I was there too and pretty much echo all your sentiments.

It was horrific and Bob fucked it up big style.

Horrific mate? Really that bad?

bluemoon32 said:
I hope we give him the time needed but even though he's the owners choice, i really can't see him surviving if we finish out of the top 4.
The problem is that spending all this money had made people think top 4 is a cert but it's far from that, Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd have done it for years & know exactly what it takes, that leaves one other place ( not necessarily 4th spot) and if another club has a stormer of a season ( like Spuds last season) then even getting into that top 4 isn't as easy as some seem to think.
We've spent an awful lot of money, some wisely, some not but Mancini deserves the time to try to get it right imo, we can't just keep on changing managers every time things don't go the way we'd like.
Personally, i think we'll finish 4th & creep into the CL but not really get near the title.

Great post, close to bang on the money.

top 4 this year or go at the end of the season

my problem with the previous manager was, despite all the money he had to spend. he didnt resolve the fullback problem. either left or right.

bob has tried to rectify this problem area with the purchase of kolarov and boateng, time will tell if this is the solution.

what i cant get my head round, especially with bob being a quality striker himself, is our shortage of goals. whether this is caused through injury to balotelli or the team not being set up as adventurous as we the fans would i not sure.

what i am sure of this 25 man rule came at the wrong time for us .

if you address the op's question in a non-emotional way,ignoring previous posts by PB,then what is the problem? The same question could/should be asked of every manager in any situation.The posters who insist that the owners will do this or that are like preachers who quote 'god says this' ,pure speculation with an agenda.For all we know RM has been given carte blanche to get the job done,on the other hand he may have a rolling contract with agreed targets,we can only guess.The constant reference to how much has been spent clouds the issue,deep pockets,impatience and a club with an image problem all contribute to what we pay in transfers and salaries. I remain convinced RM knows exactly what he expects on the pitch,but the players struggle to put it into practice,in fact some seem incapable of imposing themselves on a game(in a footballing sense) for reasons unknown to me,fear of failure ,maybe but surely not laziness.Some accuse him of overtraining ,being obsessed with stamina so why would he tolerate bone-idle behaviour on the pitch? He wont, is the short answer. For me the crucial thing to judge RM's future is not time-related as such, more on how/if we improve the performance on the pitch,ignoring spikes and blips( and unrealistic expectations) but if we go on a losing streak then i fear the worst . back to square one.

Let the man get a chance with this team, for the first time i am not nervous when City plays games (apart from yesterdays match, more embarrased maybe), and for the love of god, who do you want to take over, there are not many managers who can fill the job as our manager anymore, everybody is screaming for mourinho, but he is more defensive than we are now.
Maybe you want O`neill, Curbishley or Rijkaard( who got fired from Gala)????

de niro said:
bluemoon32 said:
I hope we give him the time needed but even though he's the owners choice, i really can't see him surviving if we finish out of the top 4.
The problem is that spending all this money had made people think top 4 is a cert but it's far from that, Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd have done it for years & know exactly what it takes, that leaves one other place ( not necessarily 4th spot) and if another club has a stormer of a season ( like Spuds last season) then even getting into that top 4 isn't as easy as some seem to think.
We've spent an awful lot of money, some wisely, some not but Mancini deserves the time to try to get it right imo, we can't just keep on changing managers every time things don't go the way we'd like.
Personally, i think we'll finish 4th & creep into the CL but not really get near the title.

Great post, close to bang on the money.

pretty much where i sit, i think we have the players actually i know we have the players to crack the top 4
the amounts of money paid has skewed peoples view a tad, we overpaid because we had to.
yesterday was a real bad day a the office and it how we respond thursday/sunday that counts now.
we are currently fourth through hard work and skill yes some luck too but all teams need a bit of luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.