Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

It's the 'can't wait to say I told you so' bullshit that gets to me as well...

And despite reasons and protestations it is clear as day that the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen when things are going well, lurking in the shadows waiting for the next bad performance to reappear and revel in it with barely disguised glee.

Mancini had a bad day yesterday, no doubt about it - but his mistakes came, by and large, after we had already thrown the lead away.

No one can argue that we didn't start the game fantastically - we looked like we were going to muller them. So there was no problem with the setup and selection, and if the team had stuck to the plan there would have been no need for the (admittedly wild and somewhat flailing) changes that were made later in the game

For some inexplicable reason something changed after we scored - Mancini didn't make that change, the players did (and to be fair, some credit should be given to Wolves as well - it wasn't just about our performance).

Nobody covered themselves in glory yesterday - it was a bad day at the office for everyone, players and management. We need to put it behind us and move on. Anyone who thinks that performance has been or is going to be the norm for our club is, quite frankly, a fucking idiot.

Mancini will be gone if we don't get the top four this year IMO, but there is absolutely no reason, with this squad and manager, that we won't get top four (or better). I expect Mancini to be in charge for many years thankfully.

Starting this discussion was unnecessary at this point and undoubtedly mischievous, but let's face it, entirely predictable.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.
Your question concludes with "when are people going to accept his time is up?"

Your starting point is wrong. All teams suffer defeats, and play poorly at time, but it's important to see an improvement over time - a season perhaps.

We are 4th, so I don't understand why you ask the question, and why you pose it in the way you do.

You could ask when are our fans going to accept that football isn't a comparison of balance sheets and resources, but one playing squad against another and on any given day there are hundreds of variables which come into play.

Good question. Just from the wrong angle from my point of view, but I know you are City through and through (not meant to be as patronising as it sounds!)

I was thinking back to a thread I started a while ago, where I passed on the general sense of some stuff I was told.

In essence it was about the painful decisions that are likely to be made (I preempted it with the news that Weiss was going and isn't likely to come back).

I also predicted that we, the fans would be likely to argue about what was to be done for a while.

And its not all on the pitch either.

Having revisited what I was thinking at the time I fully believe three things today.

1. There are going to be some serious changes at City that could cause disruption to this season.

2. There is an acceptance that this year is hugely significant but that failure to qualify for CL does not directly mean Mancini goes.

3. Depending on how bad the surgery at City turns out to be will inform what happens and not merely what happens on the pitch. And that City's fan base WILL be poles apart when some decisions are made.

All of that of course is just my opinion and nothing more.

We are 4th but we won't be for much longer if we carry on like this. 17 points after 10 games is less than we should have if we want to finish 4th. I fear spurs and everton who again after a poor start are starting to motor. I don't see much progress to be honest and think we have paid way over the odds for many of our average squad. Milner, Barry, yaya, lescott, bridge and adebayor spring to mind.

We lack the following

Desire,discipline,organisation,pace and effort.

9 days ago we were laughing at united. Who is laughing now?

Mancini needs to sort this and quickly. We can't blame injuries and if he doesn't get it right soon he will be out in the summer. We are already out of a cup and the league so he must either win us a trophy or finish 4th to be deemed a success by me.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We are 4th but we won't be for much longer if we carry on like this. 17 points after 10 games is less than we should have if we want to finish 4th. I fear spurs and everton who again after a poor start are starting to motor. I don't see much progress to be honest and think we have paid way over the odds for many of our average squad. Milner, Barry, yaya, lescott, bridge and adebayor spring to mind.

We lack the following

Desire,discipline,organisation,pace and effort.

9 days ago we were laughing at united. Who is laughing now?

Mancini needs to sort this and quickly. We can't blame injuries and if he doesn't get it right soon he will be out in the summer. We are already out of a cup and the league so he must either win us a trophy or finish 4th to be deemed a success by me.
We were 4th last season after 10 games, with 2 more points and a game in hand on all surrounding sides.

And that was under a manager who wasn't good enough.

Marvin said:
Your starting point is wrong. All teams suffer defeats, and play poorly at time, but it's important to see an improvement over time - a season perhaps.
I've heard the "blip" argument. It'sd thesame one Liverpool fans were using about last season. "Just a blip" they said "We'll be back in the top 4 next season".

We've played 2 good games out of 10 in the league this season. How many "blips" make a trend?

It is so important that we finish in the top four to the club even more so than winning a trophy so as long as we finish top 4 he won't be going anywhere anything less and he will probably be gone by the end of the season
I think he should be given 2/3 years but it's the top 4 issue that will decide it

I sent out a PM to a few on here the day after we beat Newcastle (Oct 4th) and went second in the League saying that RM wont see the season out and nothing has changed.
The timing of the PM was due to info received but also sent out as not to be seen as a knee jerk reaction in my comments.
As the season pans out i think things might become clearer...................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.