Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

Prestwich_Blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Ive not really seen much name calling. To me it is imperative that we get top 4 this season in light of the ffp rules although 3rd would be preferable to to avoid the qualifying rounds. What is your opinion though? You do come across as one that cant wait to see the back of Mancini and if you dont want him sacked tomorrow then maybe next week.
Mate - I want to see City successful and I don't give two hoots who the manager is. If it's Mancini then I'll be delighted. Really.

You dont give two hoots who the manager is? Really PB? Because you have a very strange way of displaying such supposed impartiality.

Balti said:
BillyShears said:
Really mate, you're just reinforcing my point about it being rich you questioning other people's intellect when you start using words like 'idiot'.

Read the thread 'mate'.
Note the sequence of insults
Work it out oh [cough] respected one
Someone as 'brilliant' as you will work it out I'm sure

I manage to make some pretty insightful and valid points in amongst the insults...although in future I promise I'll stick to just insults when it comes to you mate...

The only people to blame for this defeat are the players, after tearing Wolves to pieces for 25 minutes and going 1-0 up they got complacent and it cost us dearly. Once the intensity and drive has gone in a performance it's very very difficult to regain a foothold in the game, that's not blaming the players or the manager for effort, just maybe thinking we were good enough to win without being at 100%. We just have to dust ourselves down and learn from our mistakes this afternoon. Mancini isn't to blame, we obviously set up correctly and got off to a flying start and like a few people before have said "once the players cross that white line, it's up to them to perform". We'll be back.

Pezzer2 said:
If we dont finish in top 4 after a full season with his own additions serious questions need to be asked. That is the bottom line no excuses
Best reply of the day
I think he will fail big time. But he has to haves full season.

Bombo said:
Pezzer2 said:
If we dont finish in top 4 after a full season with his own additions serious questions need to be asked. That is the bottom line no excuses
Best reply of the day
I think he will fail big time. But he has to haves full season.

why are you so sure he will fail if you come out with a statement like that back it up ,is it his tactics his choice of players what?

I hope we give him the time needed but even though he's the owners choice, i really can't see him surviving if we finish out of the top 4.
The problem is that spending all this money had made people think top 4 is a cert but it's far from that, Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd have done it for years & know exactly what it takes, that leaves one other place ( not necessarily 4th spot) and if another club has a stormer of a season ( like Spuds last season) then even getting into that top 4 isn't as easy as some seem to think.
We've spent an awful lot of money, some wisely, some not but Mancini deserves the time to try to get it right imo, we can't just keep on changing managers every time things don't go the way we'd like.
Personally, i think we'll finish 4th & creep into the CL but not really get near the title.

we are 3 points, and 1 cup competition worse off than we were at the same time last season, accepted we now have the europa league.

i cannot help feeling everything is over complicated, and too cautious, and the subs lead to such a merry go round on the pitch i don't believe the players know what is happening.

mancini totally baffles me, he gets me on side, convinces me we are progressing, and then i watch that yesterday and it leaves me with serious doubts.

So after battering them from the start and going 1up Mancini suddenly can be heard screaming "Right lads. I think you should all play like dicks now and hit long balls to no-one"

Boateng needs to be told he is not on fifa or pes and mega through balls don't always come off (because when he plays it simple he looks much more like the player we know he is).

The players made the result yesterday when they went AWOL of what tactics and shapes I am sure that Mancini had been telling them all week to play. Ultimately we should not lose to Wolves even if they do play (and get the deflections) as well as yesterday.

But I can't be upset at being fourth in Europe and the cup FFS do none of you remember what we used to be like?

(although yesterday was a pretty good trip down memory lane)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.

Top 4 this season or he is gone.

CL football is now an absolute MUST for us as a club, the business model dictates that and failure from any manager to provide that will result in a change at the top.

Really hard to say. I think he'd have to be an overwhelming failure to make me want to get rid. That or Mourinho deciding he wants to be at City.

This said, I don't think he'll be a failure. I'm not happy today with either his selection or his substitutions and I bloody hope he learns from it, but, we are yet to play at full strength even once, much less have had time to gel. I think when we have, we're going to be a force to be reckoned with. I'm not counting us out of the title race yet and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm drinking in the company of many thousands of City fans in Dublin at the end of the season either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.