Set YaYa Free!

I think the keys involved in the typing of 'yaya is not a fucking holding midfielders' have become worn down this season, I've typed it so much.

And this weird fan-myth that's build up about 'Mancini likes to wear teams down then unleash him' ? Possibly the most ridiculous and baseless sentiment I've ever heard. it's come from the 2 or 3 times yaya got us out of jail at the end of last season, where the manager put the wrong team out then corrected it.

In what world do you play one of your two most dangerous players in a role where they are ineffective just so you can 'surprise' teams later on? PMSL! What about winning a game in the first half? I'd have thought that might just be preferable....

He plays yaya as a holding player so he can get nasri in the team with silva and two strikers. And nasri is a waste of space. For the 1000th time, if we build our team around yaya and silva as our attacking midfielders we are at our best.

Didsbury Dave said:
I think the keys involved in the typing of 'yaya is not a fucking holding midfielders' have become worn down this season, I've typed it so much.

And this weird fan-myth that's build up about 'Mancini likes to wear teams down then unleash him' ? Possibly the most ridiculous and baseless sentiment I've ever heard. it's come from the 2 or 3 times yaya got us out of jail at the end of last season, where the manager put the wrong team out then corrected it.

In what world do you play one of your two most dangerous players in a role where they are ineffective just so you can 'surprise' teams later on? PMSL! What about winning a game in the first half? I'd have thought that might just be preferable....

He plays yaya as a holding player so he can get nasri in the team with silva and two strikers. And nasri is a waste of space. For the 1000th time, if we build our team around yaya and silva as our attacking midfielders we are at our best.

Nasri is a weird one he is an excellent "footballer" but he just doesn't seem to fit into our system..

Regarding going out and winning the game in the first half I Agree but dont you think Mancini doesn't want this also? Or at least score a couple of goals..

For me one of the main issues yesterday was that in the first half we played 442 without wingers, which is fucking pointless. YaYa couldn't/wouldn't move forward because that would have left Barry on his own and the team open to a quick counter. Absolutely nothing came from our midfield in the first half but that's no surprise: Kolarov and Nasri aren't going to get beyond their markers because they lack the pace and YaYa, as I said before, wasn't going to go on his barn-storming runs because of Barry.

The second half arrives and we instantly look like a different side with a 4231ish formation. YaYa did push more because he had Tevez or Aguero dropping back slightly to cover his runs. Plus we had extra man in the middle so we controlled the centre more.

Anyway, that's how I saw it.

The reason why the rags have succeeded with 442 is because they've had competent and rapid wingers who can get beyond their markers. Nasri ran his bollocks off yesterday but on the right side of the midfield he was ineffective because he's not a winger. Why play Kolarov as a winger and not Sinclair, who would have at least been able to get beyond his man?

In short, fuck off the 442 and stick to what we do best.

Err,

Yaya has been ploughing a lone furrow without Silva. Silva is key to Yaya,s role in the team. Sadly for Yaya being such a "huge" figure in the game in more ways than one he has become exposed in the last couple of games.

Cant wait for all the "We need Yaya back" posts in jan and feb when he is in Africa again ! lol

Dodge MCFC said:
Err,

Yaya has been ploughing a lone furrow without Silva. Silva is key to Yaya,s role in the team. Sadly for Yaya being such a "huge" figure in the game in more ways than one he has become exposed in the last couple of games.

Cant wait for all the "We need Yaya back" posts in jan and feb when he is in Africa again ! lol

why? who is slating him?

forevermancity said:
Dodge MCFC said:
Err,

why? who is slating him?

A few have on several forums !

Dodge MCFC said:
forevermancity said:
Dodge MCFC said:
Err,

why? who is slating him?

A few have on several forums !

totally out of order imo, but he shouldnt be played this deep

huge player, who we need to start to look to replacing, 2 or 3 seasons max we will have him for, this will be a massive problem

citytill1die84 said:
Frustrated me yesterday he looks lazy sometimes and yesterday he wasn't closing players down he was just letting them past. Kolarov was chasing Michu at full speed while Yaya stood and watched. He needs to play the free role behind the front man.

I think there's a difference between 'lazy' and 'dispirited', which is where I see Touré, at the moment.

Some think Silva's return to be the answer, but I think you will find Touré will still be reluctant to go forward without there being that trust in the middle, when he leaves that position.

Football fans talk such rubbish sometimes. 'lazy', 'dispirited'!?!? 'reluctant to go forward'!?!?! I swear to god some of you have heads full of magic.

The reason he didn't go forward last night or against Ajax is he was selected as a holding midfielder. If you are a holding midfielder and you start marauding forward all the time you exposure your team to counter attacks and lose them the match.

It couldn't be simpler. His main strengths are is the way he goes past people in tight situations and the way he passes around the box. His main weakness is tackling. When he is played as he was played in The last two , and the frst half dozen of the season, he can't use his strengths and his weaknesses are exposed.

If someone does a list of our poor performances this season I bet you'll find yaya played holding in 90% of them; maybe even all of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.