Set YaYa Free!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Totally unblinkered view...

Yaya was fucking awful yesterday.A total passenger who appears to be totally disinterested and playing for a move.His petulance at times on the pitch and his attitude twds his team mates makes my blood boil.

Love the guy but he needs to start performing

touched the ball more than any player in the premier league yesterday

Yaya has always been something of a mystery to me. At times brilliant, other times disinterested and ineffective. I personally believe he has to be in a position to influence the game and at times this season I don't think that's been the case. Against Dortmund, if he'd played any deeper he would have been sat in the south stand looking at Joe Harts backside. Against Ajax, all the pundits said City's "power" would win the match. Well City's power, to me, is mainly Yaya and Micah, and neither of them caused Ajax any problems. Everyone has a different take on it but, in my opinion, we're not as good a team without the option of playing De Jonge. I know people will wheel out a whole bunch of stats that prove otherwise, but that's my view of it.

Yaya has never played 90 minutes in the hole. He pushes forwards later in the game when possible. Right now the lack of midfielders means he can't. We are under-performing at the moment simply because we don't have a proper midfield. We need at least one more of Javi/Milner/Rodwell to be playing for yaya to move forward. As long as only he and Barry are available we cannot allow him to play further forward.

Gelsons Dad said:
Yaya has never played 90 minutes in the hole. He pushes forwards later in the game when possible. Right now the lack of midfielders means he can't. We are under-performing at the moment simply because we don't have a proper midfield. We need at least one more of Javi/Milner/Rodwell to be playing for yaya to move forward. As long as only he and Barry are available we cannot allow him to play further forward.

Agreed !

and back to form David Silva !

Gelsons Dad said:

Yeah, I don't think my friend Dave has cottoned on to this yet...

I dont think it matters if he plays center mid or attacking mid. If his mind is in the game he is unstoppable in either positon. Arguably he sees more of the ball coming from deep, see most of last season.
He isnt interested and it shows.

In my opinion he is at his best starting from deep and beginning the moves with his fast accurate passing.

If you look at last season, the fact that Nige got injured in the first game of the season meant Yaya and Barry played as the central midfielders with four ahead of them. This is why we played such good attacking football.

This season I believe he has been starting to far forward in some games and we have nobody to take the ball from the defenders and get the ball moving.

Also against Madrid his best moments was when getting the ball in our own half and making some mazy runs to the heart of their defence.

Looks lazy and disinterested WTF ?

Yaya sets our tempo, he is nearly always available to recieve a pass and if that means he drops deep then so be it. Without the tempo he sets, the likes of Silva and Nasri would not get the space to create like they do. The fact Yaya can be so devastating when he rampages forward is great for us, but its nearly always late in the game when teams are tiring. Why are teams tiring, its because of the tempo set by Yaya in the game.

Its no fluke that our poor shows in Europe have been because the teams we have played have cramped Yaya's space, he has been hounded and we have been pushed deeper. PL teams dont have the confidence or the resources to do that to us, the very best teams do.

Kippaxgirl said:
For whatever reason, Mancini continues to shackle YaYa by not allowing him to roam forward. He is most dangerous when moving forward and linking up with the forwards or putting himself in scoring position. City is currently playing with an ineffective midfield which means all our outstanding forwards don't get the ball enough.

Would love to see YaYa and David Silva as attacking midfielders with Barry/Zabo as defensive midfielder.

Comments anyone?
Do you people not understand football.How many times do people need to say that we can't move yaya forward because we don't have a deep lying playmaker.

I don't believe Yaya is the man to play in the hole, I think he's more effective coming from deep when he gathers pace and counter attacks.
What baffles me is when Silva's out why doesn't he play Nasri in the hole instead of keeping him wide where he's non effective?........the game just passes him by and it's like having ten men at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.