Settle an argument...

Dubai Blue said:
levets said:
The goalkeeper is 'neutral' in the offside law..
What?????? He is one of the two defenders.

No.. wrong choice of words maybe.. let me qualify... People assume there has to be 'A' defender between the forward most player and the goal... Actually there has to be two... usually this is the goalkeeper and an outfield player. However, if the goalkeeper goes up for a corner kick and is caught out of position and can't get back... then there still must be two outfield players between the forward most player and the goal... Thats what i mean by the goalkeeper is neutral... I was responding to the post above where he states 'The goalkeeper is the last defender'... hope you understand now?

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Levets r u Graham Poll by any chance???

read my 'qualification' below.... I was responding to the poster stating the goal keeper is the 'last defender'... The goal keeper is irrelavent (neutral?) in the offside rule... Don't question my knowledge of the laws!!!! Played and ref'd at decent level...

levets said:
Dubai Blue said:
What?????? He is one of the two defenders.

No.. wrong choice of words maybe.. let me qualify... People assume there has to be 'A' defender between the forward most player and the goal... Actually there has to be two... usually this is the goalkeeper and an outfield player. However, if the goalkeeper goes up for a corner kick and is caught out of position and can't get back... then there still must be two outfield players between the forward most player and the goal... Thats what i mean by the goalkeeper is neutral... I was responding to the post above where he states 'The goalkeeper is the last defender'... hope you understand now?
Don't worry about me; my understanding of the offside law is fine.

I'm not the only one who was confused by you describing the goalkeeper as "neutral". That suggests he isn't included in the offside law at all, which is clearly not the case.

And Corky was talking about this particular case, not stating that the goalkeeper is ALWAYS the last defender.

Wheres your qualification below last time i looked it was above!! Lol

Do u know your left from your right Graham???

Only kidding dont take offence :)

Dubai Blue said:
levets said:
Don't worry about me; my understanding of the offside law is fine.

I'm not the only one who was confused by you describing the goalkeeper as "neutral". That suggests he isn't included in the offside law at all, which is clearly not the case.

And Corky was talking about this particular case, not stating that the goalkeeper is ALWAYS the last defender.

The law is simple really....maybe I should have used 'irrelavent'?

Now, lets have a discussion of 'first phase' & 'second phase'; active or inactive participation... Thats where the offside law gets muddy....

levets said:
active or inactive participation... Thats where the offside law gets muddy....

reminds me of Chelsea goal against rags......Although Drogba went for the ball, because he didnt touch it, the FIFA rules state that he was not active......Graham Poll said his opinion was that the goal should not have counted but if he was refereeing then he would have had to give it due to the FIFA rule.

Citytillidie69 said:
levets said:
active or inactive participation... Thats where the offside law gets muddy....

reminds me of Chelsea goal against rags......Although Drogba went for the ball, because he didnt touch it, the FIFA rules state that he was not active......Graham Poll said his opinion was that the goal should not have counted but if he was refereeing then he would have had to give it due to the FIFA rule.

Exactly.....
Also remember Santa Cruz at Easlands... David Dunn clearly offside went to flick the ball on with his head, but missed it.. leaving Santa onside... the fact that the whole City defence were undone by his missed attempt to flick on means that he 'should' have been active... needs sorting out this rule...

7 pages for this..... It was offside, it worries me that some people on here think it was onside. If you play the ball forward to anybody ahead of the last defender they are OFF!!

Not hard is it?

kiam06 said:
If you play the ball forward to anybody ahead of the last defender they are OFF!!
Not if that player was behind the ball when the pass was played.

kiam06 said:
7 pages for this..... It was offside, it worries me that some people on here think it was onside. If you play the ball forward to anybody ahead of the last defender they are OFF!!

Not hard is it?

No No NO.... passing forward has nothing to do with it....

refer to Cruyff penalty above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.