Settle an argument...

Thinking about it I still think I was right, the referee in the OP was correct. The player was still offside as he was gaining an unfair advantage by being ahead of the last defenders even though he was behind the ball, think thats case settled lads.

u dumb fucks, it dont make no difference whether the ball was played forwards backwards sidewards upwards dowbnwards u tools, its all about where the receiving player is at the time the ball is played, if there is two opposing players nearer than him to the goal then its not offside.

fucking hell even u so called footy fans wanna turn it into egg throwing

jesus christs what is our society coming too

mkeeney said:
u dumb fucks, it dont make no difference whether the ball was played forwards backwards sidewards upwards dowbnwards u tools, its all about where the receiving player is at the time the ball is played, if there is two opposing players nearer than him to the goal then its not offside.

Slight over simplification of the rule, you got to take all the phase rubbish into account these days.

mkeeney said:

Wow, so I suppose a ball pulled back from the dead ball line to a player on the penalty spot with no defenders between either player and the goal line means its offside does it?

fbloke said:
mkeeney said:

Wow, so I suppose a ball pulled back from the dead ball line to a player on the penalty spot with no defenders between either player and the goal line means its offside does it?

Well done fbloke, Mkeeny is talking rubbish.

kiam06 said:
Thinking about it I still think I was right, the referee in the OP was correct. The player was still offside as he was gaining an unfair advantage by being ahead of the last defenders even though he was behind the ball, think thats case settled lads.

I give up!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... gameen.pdf</a>

Section 11, page 31:

A player is in an offside position if:
• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than BOTH the ball and the
second-last opponent

So, if he's behind - or level with - the ball he is ONSIDE regardless of the position of the 2nd last opponent.

kiam06 said:
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one Kiam.

kiam06 said:
Wow are you stupid or what? He would have had to be closer to the goal than the ball during the time the goal was scored so NO he was ONSIDE jesus read through the thread its even in the official rules that have been posted here aswell.

mkeeney said:
You'd best tell Johan Cruyff his goal shouldn't have stood then:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHN1mN5SCg[/youtube][/quote]

lancs blue said:
kiam06 said:

I give up!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... gameen.pdf</a>

Section 11, page 31:

A player is in an offside position if:
• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than BOTH the ball and the
second-last opponent

So, if he's behind - or level with - the ball he is ONSIDE regardless of the position of the 2nd last opponent.

Exactly... there are some really thick fucks here it seems

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.