Sevilla away sold out!

Some transparency would be a start. No-one likes to hold United up as an example but that's what they do with their away tickets. It's still open to abuse of course but at least you know roughly what percentage is going where.
There's plainly something very wrong at our club when those lying, cheating scumbags can be held up as a good example of moral rectitude.

And there's definitely no need to feel inferior if you meet up with squirtyflower, he brings everyone down to his level!! ;-)

Sorry squirty I couldn't resist it, you know what I'm like when I've finished my work for the morning!!! :-) sorry.
Charming I'm sure
My wife and daughter will feel appreciated greatly when they read this post

There's plainly something very wrong at our club when those lying, cheating scumbags can be held up as a good example of moral rectitude.

IMHO the Club fcucked up when they began giving priority to the Joe's blocks for aways.

I know I warned this would happen, eg because it helps execs hit corporate sales targets but people shouldn't be missing out on aways with 13,000 plus ticket points. The announcement of the North Stand extension is imminent - with more exec seats to sell - so 15k loyalty points becomes the old 10k.

Unfortunately money talks in all aspects of life and it seems football and certainly at city in recent years is no different. This Joe''s bar one was the surprise for me. Basically they filled those seats with the promise of tickets to any aways you want. Clever marketing I suppose as the club probably don't give a flying fuck who attends the away matches.

I'm sure if we had 200 seats unfilled in that corporate section they would be quite happy to reduce the allocations even further. They may even extend it further to all corporate seats and even those with 14000 plus could struggle. Might come a day where only 500-1000 non corporate fans attend the popular aways.

platinum is surely dead on its arse for anyone with less than 13000 points as it has no relevance any longer. Anyone with less than 10,000 and pays for this might as well throw their money down the toilet. The £50 saving could be used to buy off a tout for a big game.

Has anybody tried speaking to someone at the club about the ticket allocation being more transparent? If so did it fall on deaf ears?

My situation is very bleak. I've got just over 11,000 points and the last 2 seasons has seen my away days reduced to near enough zero due to getting married and buying a house. However as of next season me and the missus will be back in a great position to do the amount of away days that we had done the previous 8 seasons before slowing down.

We didn't go platinum last season and dropped out of the League cup and Champions League schemes but were in all the schemes and platinum for this season.

We had no intention of doing Champions League away games this season but next season we will. However, going off the sales for the two away Euro games in this campaign it looks as if we have hardly a sniff of getting tickets. We're independent away goers too so being a member of a supporters club isn't something that we'd want to consider as we want to travel our own way and going with a load of people we don't know would take too much of the experience away for us.

We managed to get tickets using our own season cards for our 1st visits to both Bayern & Barcelona. Same can be said for Napoli, Dortmund, CSKA Moscow & Real Madrid so the increase in corporates fans must have flew up since our 1st few Champions League campaigns.

Anyway, I don't want to come across as a moaner, life is life and other priorities have made my away days reduce but I do want to get back on the wagon next season and for me it seems that I'd have to maybe consider trying to get a more expensive seat in the ground with the view to getting allocated 2 away tickets for me and the wife.

That doesn't seem right nor fair though to me but what can I do when even if I went to every away game I could get a ticket for, I still wouldn't get in a position where I can book flights and a nice hotel for a european game I want to attend.

I was warned by a rag 'mate' about this happening to city as soon as we got into the champions league. Once we in with the big boys as he said the hangers on become more aplenty but also those with deeper pockets.

This year is the first it hit home as it is the first year I not got a derby away ticket but also seeing others hit by what is happening makes it clear it having a big impact

I missed the Derby away by 20 points, Seville away as they didn't get to be available online yesterday.
I hope the club start reducing by 500 instead of 1000 or going forward I won't get the big away games.
It is now time we need to begin asking Danny Wilson to make a case for the fans who have been going away for years.

My situation is very bleak.

We had no intention of doing Champions League away games this season but next season we will. However, going off the sales for the two away Euro games in this campaign it looks as if we have hardly a sniff of getting tickets. We're independent away goers too so being a member of a supporters club isn't something that we'd want to consider as we want to travel our own way and going with a load of people we don't know would take too much of the experience away for us.

I'm not really sure why you think your situation is bleak, the fact that you've not been able to go to as many matches for a couple of years is just the same as countless others really. I wasn't able to go to any away matches for many years & am catching up now. You will catch up as well.

You don't have to travel to the away matches with the supporters club people. I don't, I do travel to home matches with them now but that's only really been this season & last because of driving & parking. I am independent & do my own thing when it comes to away travel.

And before anyone gets uptight, I am not saying that joining a SC will get you away tickets, I'm just making an observation about the travel. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.