Sevilla (H) | Post Match Thread

Bizarre first half,just fucking potty.

Thankfully the boss decided to stop fucking about 2nd half,square pegs in mostly square holes,and what do you know.....

A dreadful first half summed up by the goal we conceded, Sunday league pub level that one.

Once Pep changed it tactically and then the big guns came on Seville were hanging on as expected. Great to see some youngsters get a run out, Lewis being the standout performer. A few disappointing performances but a bit like league cup games when Pep makes wholesale changes its hard to be overly critical when he does so. Dias, Mahrez and Grealish continue to be well below the level we know they are capable of. Alvarez had a strange game. He never stopped running but looked like he couldn't score in a brothel. Then he scored that great goal and makes two assists. Loads of potential there and at times when you glimpse it he looks superb.

All in all a decent run out for many youngsters and fringe players in a dead rubber game. We got the win, job done. Win our next three games and it will have been a very satisfying first half of the season.

Only once this season unfortunately. I have Long Covid and difficulty walking at present. They’ve just (2weeks ago) discovered that I have a wedge fracture T10 vertebrae and (doc’s words) very, very bad arthritis in my hips especially right one. Just so you realise I’m not feeling sorry for myself … when the doctor had finished explaining, with illustrations, about my back I thanked him and he said ‘that’s the first time a patient has thanked me for telling them they’ve got a broken back’!!! I was just glad I’d got a full diagnosis. *lol*
Sorry, you didn’t ask for my medical history. :-)
I will get back by hook or by crook but it could be a while!!

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Hope you get back to match fitness asap and can get back to cheering the lads on :)

A great night for Lewis, well done to him. And great 2nd half showing from Alvarez (he was committed 1st half but got nothing) and took MOTM ahead of Lewis, despite sentimentality. Mahrez played a little better, Gomez a very mixed bag. Palmer and Foden appeared to be playing within themselves a little, i was a bit disappointed with Palmer actually.

The first half was a mess, the whole shape was ugly and it was exposed even more so when they reverted to high and wide full backs in the 2nd half, with Rodri to fill the larger space, and played far better. 2nd half was a decent run out and warm up for the weekend.

But final caveat; Seville were fucking shit. Where did they get that keeper from? The Grattan catalogue? was it actually Bono from U2? anyway you beat what's in front of you and in the 2nd half we did that easily.

Having watched a few River Plate games, I had high hopes for Alvarez. Reckon he is settling in now and looking better for it.
Lewis will get tons of attention now. He has Foden as an example; keep working, learning. Promising. All good.

The ref let some naughty stuff go early doors (particularly a shove in the back on Mahrez in mid-air which could have been a nasty one if he'd fallen awkwardly). I thought Gomez switched off for their goal and got caught ball watching. Hopefully he'll learn from that.

Second half was much more organised, and we didn't really get out of third gear. All the goals were crackers and that pass from Kev was sublime.

some of the shite posted in the match day thread yesterday was outrageous.

Gomez and Alvarez not good enough to play for us apparently. Yeah fucking right!
They were both much better in the 2nd half. In the first half Gomez kept getting caught out of position and Alvarez was anonymous. However to say, based on that, they're not good enough is a bit extreme

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.