Sevilla v City post match thread

By far the best ref we've had in Europe.

Obviously didn't get everything right but as you say,didn't fall for any of their crap.

Quite refreshing.

he was good but a bit over the top in not giving decisions, he missed two stonewall pens one for each team

Maybe HRH's cash is getting well spent (if you know what I mean) haha - seriously let's hope the muppets who run this game begin to realise reffing games english style, i.e. not letting the cheats get away with it, actually makes games more enjoyable for fans - LOVE to see more games reff'd this way - great to see cheats not gaining advantage in europe for once.

I'm going to put my fat head on the block here when i say this but here goes.............

Admittedly ive only been a City supporter for 21 years and i havent watched every single we have played during that time, but last nights performance was the most complete performance i have ever seen by a City side in my time as a supporter.

From the team selection to the way it was implemented by the players and our amazing fans who travelled out there, and lets not forget the opposition who have a rock solid record at home in Europe and who have beaten Barca less than a month ago on this very ground.

Make no bones about it, we absolutely tore them apart in the first half and when the game was won we controlled the game in the second half.

It was a majestic performance.

For me, it was as close to perfection as you can get.

UEFA must have hated every single second of it!!!! Priceless :-)
Agree, I can't think of a better all round performance where we controlled from start to finish and I've been watching them for nearly 36 years

Can't remember who it was but they said it was football of the highest and classiest order and they are correct.
We played with such swagger, that leave by fernandinho to let the ball go was incredible. ..

i know i was applauding that, if that was done by a Brazilian...oh wait

I thought he was fair to both sides, the only difference being that unlike the usual champions league refs he refused to acknowledge the play-acting antics of the Sevilla players. Krychowiak in particular was embarrassing. He actually got kicked in the bollox towards the end by Dinho but by then the ref had had enough and gave a free kick to us.
LOL - kama - lovin' it!

We had this buzz around us yesterday on all social media platforms, bbc, guardian,telegraph etc... that is usually only reserved for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. We were the most exciting team yesterday out of all the matches played and probably today as well.
Hopefully it marks our arrival as being one of the elite teams in Europe.
There is nothing to suggest we can not go far in this tournament.

Great game and performance but there's a potential problem going forward, will he have the balls to drop Yaya to the bench when silva is back? We are far better with the two Ferns anchoring the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.