Sevilla v City post match thread

Pellegrini had studied very well, we were a doll in her hands, by far the best team that has gone through Nervion in many years, up to the best club in recent seasons.

Sevilla fan.

............Total Shots...On Target
Sevilla.........11.............2
City............22.............11

Says it all really.

Fantastic performance, and I think the key to it was something we have lacked in Europe, at least in my lifetime - control. We didn't get carried away or intimidated by the crowd, to be honest it looked more like Seville did, and credit to Pellegrini for setting up so positively and flexibly to allow Fernandinho to get forward. One or two moments at the back, in keeping with several recent performances, but have to remind ourselves that this Seville team are no mugs and won the Europa League back to back.

If we can get 3 points now against BM, which is of course easier said than done, then I can really see us getting that top spot ahead of Juventus regardless of the result in Turin, and thus a decent draw in the knockout phases. Don't want to get too over-excited, but we waited a long time for that - the application of the talent and mental control we know our team has, on a European level. Bravo, city, fantastic to watch and very proud today.

Great game and performance but there's a potential problem going forward, will he have the balls to drop Yaya to the bench when silva is back? We are far better with the two Ferns anchoring the midfield.
He benched De Bruyne last night when many wouldn't have, so who knows, maybe Manuel is learning that there are horses for courses (?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.