Sevilla v City post match thread

I thought the ref was very good, he actually let slide quite a few decisions that would normally be given in Europe, mostly not given to Sevilla as well, hooray!

thought they had a decent penalty shout and a lot of refs in Europe would have penalised sterling at the beginning of build up to the 2nd goal

I thought their penalty shout was fairly ridiculous playacting from not a very hard tap. Could have been given, but boy did he make a meal of it.

Watching Coke fall over for the second goal was just bizarre.

I wonder if the ref being Scandinavian , who play a more physical game, was a cause. The same goes for Italians who tend to like a good tackle.

Best performance of the season so far, not just by the team, but by the manager as well. Perfect blend of solidity and threat last night. Well done Manuel, more of the same please.

The most memorable and exciting performance I've seen from City in the Champions League, looks like we've finally arrived in this competition.

Well Done City, Well Done.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this in these forty pages (can't be arsed reading through, etc.) but full kudos to the lads who travelled. I thought the away support was fantastic last night. You could really hear us on the telly. As good as the performance on the pitch.
This might seem weird, but I appreciated the second half just as much as the first. We finally played a textbook European game — patrolling every yard of the pitch, not letting them in, always on the look-out to hurt them more. Leading 3-1, no need to take risks, just close it all down. If we can play like that regularly, we can go far this time.

Sorry... Didn't read all your post... couldn't be arsed.

JJ

I thought their penalty shout was fairly ridiculous playacting from not a very hard tap. Could have been given, but boy did he make a meal of it.

Watching Coke fall over for the second goal was just bizarre.

I wonder if the ref being Scandinavian , who play a more physical game, was a cause. The same goes for Italians who tend to like a good tackle.

my wording was a little odd, i meant decent pen shout in a CL setting, it was, as you say, a tiny tap to the ankle.

i have no doubt that the way a ref officiates a game is influenced by constant exposure to their own league; whether this is just part of the game or a stupid inconsistency for this level is another debate!

my wording was a little odd, i meant decent pen shout in a CL setting, it was, as you say, a tiny tap to the ankle.

i have no doubt that the way a ref officiates a game is influenced by constant exposure to their own league; whether this is just part of the game or a stupid inconsistency for this level is another debate!

Fair enough.
Ref styles - but it's the same for e.g. Spanish teams getting English refs. The players know what's coming, the manager knows what's coming. It's frustrating to watch but a good enough side will find a way to win.

As if my thread has been merged into this. My thread was about not only the ref last night but also how refs may have effected our progression in europe. MOD SHOCKER!! lol

Totally agree with your point about the referees they will ref it like they reffed their game on the Saturday in their own league

I thought he was very favourable to City, missed 2 nailed on penalties, 1 each side.

He let the game be played.

I wouldn't call him good, just good for us.

I thought he was fair to both sides, the only difference being that unlike the usual champions league refs he refused to acknowledge the play-acting antics of the Sevilla players. Krychowiak in particular was embarrassing. He actually got kicked in the bollox towards the end by Dinho but by then the ref had had enough and gave a free kick to us.

After last night, I'm wondering what the best way forward is in this competition in terms of when we have a fully fit squad to choose from.
The two Fern's are a must for me and Silva will slot in when he's back and as seen last night, Navas and Sterling's pace on the break are also a must. So where does that leave Yaya, De Bruyne etc? Some big decisions will have to be made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.