Sevilla v City post match thread

It was a superb performance reflected by the comments I have heard today at work from United, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal fans.

Playing on the break appears to be bring out the best in Navas and Sterling. I would love to see us take last nights set-up into European games and into matches at the likes of The Emirates and Anfield this season.

Not to be a pessimist at all, but what do you think KDB, Silva, and Aguero were thinking when they watched that match yesterday? Haha. I can't imagine they'd be too confident that they would fit into that particular side. KDB/Silva could slide in for Yaya, sure. But neither could have played the wings with great affect like Sterling/Navas. Aguero is a hell of a superstar, but I don't see him being able to dominate the hold up play the way Wilfried did.

Kudos to all the players and Manuel for one hell of a treat for us fans. Now lets see if Manuel has the balls to put out that lineup in the away game in the knockout stages, even with a fully fit squad. That was the team selection city need for all big away matches in Europe...

I dunno it looks to me that we can start a game how we want and make 3 subs to change a game on it's head, with Serg in the team Silva and KDB should be on, if it's not working for Serg, then introduce subs to match the formation last night(maybe even do that gradually 1 sub at a time because I fully believe Aguero can do it too he's that good and he can adapt to most styles).

It's amazing the amount of optimism last nights performance has generated, hopefully this has the positive long lasting impact on the team that I think it will.

Sun Dreamteam ratings

Hart 6
Kolarov 7
Kompany 5? Haha
Otamendi 6
Sagna 6

Fernando 7
Fernandinho 8
Navas 8
Sterling 7
Yaya 7

Bony 8 Dreamteam starman.

Kompany 5?? Shocking

that averages about 7 per player in what was one of our best performances of recent times. Ridiculous!!

Sun Dreamteam ratings

Hart 6
Kolarov 7
Kompany 5? Haha
Otamendi 6
Sagna 6

Fernando 7
Fernandinho 8
Navas 8
Sterling 7
Yaya 7

Kompany 5?? Shocking

Yes, it is. You need to see the line beneath the rankings that this is based on Opta stats, and therefore doesn't reflect what happens.
I'd suggest that all those headed Kompany clearances possibly didn't go to a City player, and thus get marked down. Or something. It's bobbins, anyway.

It's hard to think of anything to add to the superlatives used by everyone to describe City's performance. I was shocked by KdB's absence when I saw the team, but I had been on holiday (on the Costa del Sol!) when we played Sevilla at the Etihad, and had only heard what my sons had told me about the trouble the two Sevilla full backs had caused us. It took the first goal to prompt me to say that perhaps Pellegrini knew something I didn't! Shortly afterwards it was clear, even to me, that Pellers was going to use the pace of Sterling and Navas to exploit the space left by the two full backs and show that they were not as strong at the defensive side of the game as they were when attacking. And didn't both our lads dow what Pellers wanted to the letter. Both Sterling and Navas had their best games ever for City, for my money. Add to that Vinnie's and Otamendi's calm assurance at the back, Fernando's excellent defensive work, Ferna's and Ya Ya's rampaging aggression and Wilfried's delicate touch and excellent hold up play and it gives a good idea of just how good we were. Then we can throw in a great save from Joe and a brilliant piece of distribution. A truly superb team performance. I think my most articulate comment on it last night was, "wow!"

It's important we win the group now. In addition to an easier fixture, we will be seeded to have the second leg at home. This could be mid-week before the Derby.

(If we win that, the quarter final second leg will be midweek before the Chelsea away fixture. If we reach the semi, the second leg will be before the Arsenal home fixture.)

Sun Dreamteam ratings

Hart 6
Kolarov 7
Kompany 5? Haha
Otamendi 6
Sagna 6

Fernando 7
Fernandinho 8
Navas 8
Sterling 7
Yaya 7

Kompany 5?? Shocking

Rating Sagna and Kompany below Kolarov is laughable and Hart a 6 despite his excellent save and distribution for our 3rd goal. In fact the only ratings of those I would agree with are Bony and Navas. Fernandinho should have a 10 and all the rest 8s with Kolarov a 6.

It's hard to think of anything to add to the superlatives used by everyone to describe City's performance. Then we can throw in a great save from Joe and a brilliant piece of distribution. A truly superb team performance. I think my most articulate comment on it last night was, "wow!"

spot on!!

i watched the game on my phone via the BT sport app (the wife had the tv for the soaps) and i must have said "wow" "oh my god" "unbelievable" "amazing" about 100 times! (slight exaggeration i know but you get the jist)......We were that good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.