Seville

Thanks everyone. Seville is fast becoming an alternative.

Fantastic city, I could talk about it for ages. It will be hot though. Can even recommend a hotel, right in the old town (which in my opinion is the best place to hang around)

Thanks everyone. Seville is fast becoming an alternative.
Good choice - although as noted by several, be sure you understand how hot it is going to be before you commit!

To me, Seville is a hidden gem with a "things to see" list that rivals Paris and Barcelona. If you do go, do not miss:-

1. Seville Cathedral and the Giralda (the bell tower)
2. The Plaza De Espana and Parque Mari Luisa
3. The Real Alcazar

Plenty of other things to see, but those above are the real 5-star attractions.

Seville, Valencia, Bilbao and Madrid all great cities to visit in Spain.
Another place in Spain I have not been to but heard brilliant reports of is San Sebastian.
Barcelona is one of the few cities I have not enjoyed.
Caught somebody trying to pickpocket me and numerous reports of others having the same problem.

I'm in to my travelling and found Milan quite boring even with a visit to the San Siro.

I went a few years back.

It’s not the beautiful scenic historic Italy you get in other places - it’s quite concrete and industrial - but it’s got some nice bars, restaurants and loads of shops if you’re into that kind of thing.

I went on a tour of the San Siro too. It’s an enormous shithole. Had to literally climb over piles of smashed concrete to get there from the metro station.

Same here although it seems unlike most of the posters on here felt it was an underrated city.

Milan is certainly not your stereotypical old Italian traditional town filled with tourists wearing Panama hats & khaki shorts. It definitely feels more of a business orientated city, which does means there's some cracking food to consume at more reasonable prices than in tourist driven Florence or Rome.

The Duomo is quite a feat to witness & the aperitivo bars are plentiful & good fun if thats your thing. Nightlife is very southern European meaning the locals don't get out & about till late even on week nights. Found this out the hard way wondering where everyone was in the centre of town, only after eating our dinner early-ish only to discover on our way back to the hotel a piazza packed full of life.

Milan is a compact city & I found it easy to get around using the metro system - the main central station is typically Italian in design & beautifully designed. Yes, the San Siro stadium itself is certainly impressive & worth a visit before they knock it down, but as others have mentioned the surrounding area actually called San Siro is bit of a concrete shithole & nothing else noteworthy to visit.

One final point on Milan is during our visit in September the weather was awful & pissed down the entire 3 days we were there, so no different from Manchester :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.