Sh*t tactics

I knew Mancini was going to get crucified by some on here if we failed, City have so many out at the moment we are far fro a full strength settled side, we can improve and believe me we will with Mancini, he will get the 4th spot and we might make it to Wembley in the FA cup, but if we are playing Chelsea they will win because we are not yet at the level of Man United or Chelsea but we are going to be very strong in the next couple of seasons!

Everything was going to plan in the first half. They never looked like scoring, and we always looked a threat on the break, and could have had a penalty. Tactics were spot on, I thought. We have Toure, Lescott, and Bridge missing, plus a half fit Onuoha. There is nothing Mancini can do about that. A little bit of defensive naivity and inexperience cost us, the players will benefit, especially the youngsters like Boyata from games like this.

Lets not get all negative and start hounding Mancini, or individuals. This time last year, all we had to play for was the UEFA Cup, now we have a Champions League place, and an FA Cup with United, Arsenal and Liverpool out. We have a genuine chance of either or even both. Chin up, this is not over.

agreed bizzbo, soon as it kicked off in the corner the game changed?
bizzbo said:
what a load.

we were on top until bellamy got hit on the head.

we were a kick away from extra time.

it's happened to the best teams in europe over the last 5 years.

little moments, that's the difference.

blucat599 said:
I knew Mancini was going to get crucified by some on here if we failed, City have so many out at the moment we are far fro a full strength settled side, we can improve and believe me we will with Mancini, he will get the 4th spot and we might make it to Wembley in the FA cup, but if we are playing Chelsea they will win because we are not yet at the level of Man United or Chelsea but we are going to be very strong in the next couple of seasons!

I'm not crucifying Mancini although I'm not the OP and the title of the thread is a bit poor. I just think he was too negative and that seems to be the case as we only got one goal against a very shaky defense. United frighten teams with their attack and their defense doesn't have to work so hard because teams are scared to commit. We were one of those teams tonight but we didn't need to be. We have enough to scare United and tonight I don't feel we did. Yes we have injuries but so did they. Barry and SWP looked off the pace tonight which is a shame but I can't fault the lads for effort.

I have faith in Mancini though and like I've said onwards in the League and the FA cup.

mike channon´s windmill said:
little moments, that's the difference.

Yeah little moments where we ALWAYS fook up - we had a chance today and fooked it - will we learn ? I just don´t know the fookin answer to that

today is the first semi final in years. utd have seen dozens and dozens in the last decade. they didn't get it right first time around either. I hate the attitrude that because we got close but didn't quite make it, that's it, it's 'fate'. it's not fate. it's experience and concentration. we had the quality and the tactics to get to be the better team over the first half, and get within a kick of extra time. with so many players out, and a manager who has barely got his feet under the desk, I think I'd say, I'm glad we came so close, I will expect us to do better next time.

sick of dick heads who nothing about football, we went to OT one of the hardest grounds to get a result in the world.

We played well and limited Rags to few chances and it just so happens they took them. Shit happens, our time will come.

The only bit that i thought we didn't do well is watch and close scholes down from set pieces, everyone knows what he can do but we gave hime to much space and it cost us.

We look a 10 times more organised side than under Hughes (bare in mind Mancini still has limited experience in the prem)

Move on to the FA cup - tick tock

whoever started this thread why dont you fuck off with your bullshit yeh? so u wna go united go at them and get battered 4-0 yeh good idea you dick wad

Its a shame half time came, I felt we were gonna score.

But yeh, cant believe those twats with the bottles and coins. Had to change our plan and they scored after the corner was taken.

Not an excuse for losing but it better be looked into.

Tactics seemed fine til then. And as he was making the change they scored again. But we came back and got the goal we needed, so doesnt that make the tactics ok?

We lost due to a momentary lack of concentration.

I think his tactics were perfect had he had a back four which included the likes of Nesta,Cannavaro,Maldini,Terry,Cole etc etc but not with the back four he had.
we were never capable of holding out for 90 mins with that defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.