Shakes after drinking.

When on holiday playing pool I played my best pissed.I'm starting to get the shakes after drinking, when I did it everyday I never felt rough but after a heavy sesh on tuesday I'm still feeling it.:(

MikeBlue said:
As some of you may know I play a lot of snooker and golf. I play to a pretty decent standard at both, I say this not to blow my own trumpet but to emphasise my noticing of it. Its not like I hack around at either as I don't think it would be so noticable to those that don't play to a good/reasonable standard.

Anyways in the last 4/5 years I have noticed after a session on the ale the following day I have become an absolute jibbering wreck and cannot play either at all. My putting and chipping goes to peices and at snooker my arm is like I'm playing in a hurricane. To be honest it takes me 3 days to feel properly normal again as even the 2nd day after drinking I am still not right.

I just wondered if anyone else struggles with this as it concerns me a bit as it never used to happen at all. I don't know whether its age or that I just drink a lot more on a session these days. Also are there any secret tips that I don't know about that might be of use. I hydrate a plenty after a sesh too btw.

I'm playing golf today in a few hours and had plenty to drink on Wednesday night and I still feel like a bumbling wreck. As you can imagine this is very frustrating which leaves me with 3 options as I see it.......

1) If I want to play to a decent standard still then really curb my drinking habbits.

2) Live with it and accept I'm just not as good as I was.

3) Give up and concentrate on drinking.

By the way I'm 28

Honest question, why do you drink? I've always been take it or leave it with booze, I'm definitely a social drinker but I've even gone off that recently - I'm 26.

Depends what you want in life mate, either enjoy your sport or enjoy the drink. There is a compromise, but the 'shakes' would set off some minor alarm bells in my head.

The shakes will just be your body in shock as your liver struggles to cope with the amounts you are drinking, and will probably one day kill you :) But it's not all bad news, just have a pint or two playing snooker, and see if that solves it!

LaLuneBleue said:
Why Always Ste said:
Hmm, from what I read this only seems to occur the day after a session, so it could be related to the drink.

How do you feel after having food, and drink (such as Water) ?

I'm 27, so similar aged to you. I have started to shake the day after an heavybag session, but I've put this down to shock on my hands and after a few days the shakes go

I always get the shakes after a heavybag session, it's perfectly normal and (as you rightly say) to do with the shock and absorbtion of your body. It's not exactly a normal behaviour to continually punch something with so much resistance, so you don't get a normal response from your body.

I used to have terrible tendonitus in my forearms due to the way I wrapped my hands, it was agony and I couldnt even grip my gym bag or anything!

When I go to the gym and have a really good work out I will have the shakes. For me though that is different as will only last a few hours and put that down to being exhausted. My drink shakes will last for days.

-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm --

strongbowholic said:
Ignore my previous post. FUCK ME!!! A full bottle of voddy on a night out? that's rough son. I hope you only go out once a fortnight?!

Ha I wish. I would say thats the same as having 10 pints though. I end up the same state as my mates and we drink, drink for drink. My double to their pint.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 pm --<br /><br />
exileindevon said:
it was meant lightheartedly you miserably (insert swear word) anyway if your saying a full bottle of vodka then you have your answer.

Was the missing word sportsman or alky? ;-)

No probs.

LaLuneBleue said:
MikeBlue said:
As some of you may know I play a lot of snooker and golf. I play to a pretty decent standard at both, I say this not to blow my own trumpet but to emphasise my noticing of it. Its not like I hack around at either as I don't think it would be so noticable to those that don't play to a good/reasonable standard.

Anyways in the last 4/5 years I have noticed after a session on the ale the following day I have become an absolute jibbering wreck and cannot play either at all. My putting and chipping goes to peices and at snooker my arm is like I'm playing in a hurricane. To be honest it takes me 3 days to feel properly normal again as even the 2nd day after drinking I am still not right.

I just wondered if anyone else struggles with this as it concerns me a bit as it never used to happen at all. I don't know whether its age or that I just drink a lot more on a session these days. Also are there any secret tips that I don't know about that might be of use. I hydrate a plenty after a sesh too btw.

I'm playing golf today in a few hours and had plenty to drink on Wednesday night and I still feel like a bumbling wreck. As you can imagine this is very frustrating which leaves me with 3 options as I see it.......

1) If I want to play to a decent standard still then really curb my drinking habbits.

2) Live with it and accept I'm just not as good as I was.

3) Give up and concentrate on drinking.

By the way I'm 28

Honest question, why do you drink? I've always been take it or leave it with booze, I'm definitely a social drinker but I've even gone off that recently - I'm 26.

Depends what you want in life mate, either enjoy your sport or enjoy the drink. There is a compromise, but the 'shakes' would set off some minor alarm bells in my head.

Its totally in my social circle I suppose. No getting away from it. I love to drink and the laughs that come with it in the circles I mix with. Couldn't imagine sitting there having a few pops.

I guess thats what it boils down to. Just wondered what other people and how many people struggles with the same as I do I guess.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:08 pm --<br /><br />
BooksReject said:
The shakes will just be your body in shock as your liver struggles to cope with the amounts you are drinking, and will probably one day kill you :) But it's not all bad news, just have a pint or two playing snooker, and see if that solves it!

I feel so much better now. Cheers mate ha.

I get the shakes proper bad when hungover. On the last day of our lads holiday this summer I was doing a shot of jager (which i hate) and as I tilted the glass my mate had to grab it to stop me dropping it I was shaking that much

MikeBlue said:
strongbowholic said:
Ignore my previous post. FUCK ME!!! A full bottle of voddy on a night out? that's rough son. I hope you only go out once a fortnight?!

Ha I wish. I would say thats the same as having 10 pints though. I end up the same state as my mates and we drink, drink for drink. My double to their pint.
1 unit of alcohol = 1 shot or 1/2 pint of beer. It's roughly 25mls per shot, therefore 70cls = 700mls = 28 shots.

28 shots = 28 units of alcohol = 14 pints!

I know that's only 4 more than your estimate, but fucking hell!, most of us start to go under at about pint 7 or 8!!!

That's serious tackle mate.

I would have thought that, regardless of whether you play any decent sport or not, the physical effects of such drinking would be enough to make any sane person question just what the fuck they are doing.

Pretty depressing the amount of people out there who don't see things like this as anything out of the ordinary or as having a drink problem. Liver units are going to be stuffed full of people in years to come and it's not like we were ever a tea total nation anyway.

strongbowholic said:
MikeBlue said:
strongbowholic said:

Ha I wish. I would say thats the same as having 10 pints though. I end up the same state as my mates and we drink, drink for drink. My double to their pint.
1 unit of alcohol = 1 shot or 1/2 pint of beer. It's roughly 25mls per shot, therefore 70cls = 700mls = 28 shots.

28 shots = 28 units of alcohol = 14 pints!

I know that's only 4 more than your estimate, but fucking hell!, most of us start to go under at about pint 7 or 8!!!

That's serious tackle mate.

I'm not a big lad either about 12 stone, I never realised that was so bad over the course of 9pm till 4am really. What would other people drink over a night out? I mean compared to drinkers not those that don't really drink.

Guess I'm just well practised. Reckon I would be a right fat bastard if I drink pints though.

I'm off to attempt to play golf now. Will dig this thread up again when I get a chance as I'm away for a week 2moro aswell. Very interested to see peoples views on my level of drinking now that you have given me a complex and how many other people suffer the same as me and what can maybe be done to help. Obviously I know cutting down is the main one but any short term benefits maybe when I do have a drink. I find even if I have half a dozen I struggle too but not to the same extreme. I have more or less answered my whole question though I guess. CUT DOWN!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.