Shakes after drinking.

It's age, i'm almost 32 and noticed over the years that my hangovers are lasting almost 2 days now, i shake like a shitting dog but that's some kind of nervous disposition.

I have had a tremor for as long as I can remember and it defo gets worse with drink. The tremor goes back to my childhood and I learned to live with it, sometimes it gets worse than others but as I get older I am always conscious of it. In fact now I am paranoid about it. I find it difficult to get a hot drink from a vending machine. I only work with lads at work who I feel comfortable with. I can carry a hot drink if there is nobody around without a problem, but if someone is there, then they don't even have to be watching me and i burn my fuckin fingers and can even drop the fuckin thing. This is without alcohol, I can just about get by at work. Now If i have had a drink, it's a lot worse, I am like a human jack hammer, I shake from head to foot and like you said earlier it takes me three days to get back to just coping.
So if you love your sport and want to continue at a high standard take care with the drink. The shakes start off as a thing you can deal with but will eventually effect your confidence and before you know it you will be shaking without the beer. Needless to say I drink very little these days I am not and have never been alcoholic, there is no cure for the shakes mate.

Garrinchas---Dog said:
Mike.Do you play league snooker?Our team is looking for new players for this year.Thats if you live close that is,some of the lads on the B team come
from Lymm to play,just because of the tables
We play in the Levensulme league on Thursdays
https://sites.google.com/site/levenshulmesnooker/home

http://www.thealbertclub.co.uk/home
This is the club i play at,the fees are a bit steep £48 per year,but
the tables are only £1.20 per hour so it evens itself out
It is the nicest club in the league,cheep beer prices,only problem is
no food is sold.
As for drinking,i drink far to much but never while playing...I'm not good
enough for that......but a few lads in the team do
Most of the teams treat match nights a piss up anyway

Sorry to hijack your thread a little

I live on the Isle of Man pal. lol.

That's very reasonable though. Here at the club I play at its only £10 a year membership but the tables are £6 an hour and to be honest they are average at best. When I go away (this is not nearly as much as I used to) it would take me a few matches to adjust to the tables, especially when we go down to play at Pontins in Prestatyn as they are lightning compared to what I'm used to. To be honest I prefer my golf these days. Played an awful awful lot of snooker when I was younger and definitely lost the appetite for competitive snooker I once had, coupled with the hours you need to play the price racks up quickly.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
The amount of caffeine you are taking in via the diet coke with the voddy probably ain't helping either bud.

Never thought of that. I actually thought diet coke was caffeine free........

yozzerblue said:
I have had a tremor for as long as I can remember and it defo gets worse with drink. The tremor goes back to my childhood and I learned to live with it, sometimes it gets worse than others but as I get older I am always conscious of it. In fact now I am paranoid about it. I find it difficult to get a hot drink from a vending machine. I only work with lads at work who I feel comfortable with. I can carry a hot drink if there is nobody around without a problem, but if someone is there, then they don't even have to be watching me and i burn my fuckin fingers and can even drop the fuckin thing. This is without alcohol, I can just about get by at work. Now If i have had a drink, it's a lot worse, I am like a human jack hammer, I shake from head to foot and like you said earlier it takes me three days to get back to just coping.
So if you love your sport and want to continue at a high standard take care with the drink. The shakes start off as a thing you can deal with but will eventually effect your confidence and before you know it you will be shaking without the beer. Needless to say I drink very little these days I am not and have never been alcoholic, there is no cure for the shakes mate.

Sorry to hear that pal. I know a guy who is very much the same and I feel terrible for him when I see him lifting a coffee or something. Even when he writes he struggles. Makes me think a little more as I'm doing this to myself and maybe should take head as a few have said and curb it a little. Maybe try and pace my drinking a little more when I do have a drink and not just get rat assed!

On another note I played golf today with the usual crowd and didn't have one drink after. Had three orange cordials which is unheard of. Lads were asking why I wasn't having a drink, just said didn't fancy one. I would being lying if I said this thread wasn't on my mind.

vodka is an evil bastard.i could quite easily finish a full bottle with orange off in 90 minutes.dont touch it much these days and im much better for it.seems to make me a bit paranoid and the depression after it is awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.