Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope Jesus finds his scoring boots soon. The lad works so hard and it was nice when Robbie Savage on BT Sport was quick to praise GJ for taking out a SD defender to create space for Bernardo's goal. Gabby need to watch his positioning though, all City's offside (4 or 5) involved him which ended some promising moves. He has talent and Pep will develop it before Sergio retires.

What is it with TV coverage these days, constantly showing repeats of fouls and shots and missing a lot of real time action! AND Peter Drury waffling on about sweet FA to do with game!

All three goals were top class . I’ m still watching the highlights and the joy on peps face after berny goal is priceless. Not sure if he felt good about his sub or they have been working on it .

For me Stones was the outstanding player last night, the lad is back to his imperious best..

Not counting El Mago as he’s on a different level to anyone else aside from Messi and MoM for every game before he leaves the dressing room, even when he’s on the bench ...!

Last edited:
At times on here you could be forgiven for thinking that some supporters do not really appreciate how good City are. Maybe some of it is about not wanting to get carried away do to the past scars of following this club?

I frequently wince when I see people say we were poor of shit etc. We are almost never poor, except in very small patches of the odd game. Our level varies but all in all we have been remarkably consistent and compared to most other teams we are a cut above.

Last night was especially good.

Not scoring enough goals, particularly early ones, is I would reiterate our one major frustration but we still score more than most...
If we scored every goal we should score then every game would be over after half an hour. In some respects it is better this way, every game is a thoroughly enjoyable 90 mins. However the odd 10 nil (to quote a previous poster “please be the Derby!”) would be extremely enjoyable!

there was a part in the 2nd half,there was a wide camera angle,when shakhtar had the ball near their keeper as soon as he rolled it out the back four as one went to the half way line pushing the rest of our team further up pressing the living daylights out of them , the team actually moved as one,i don't get to the matches so this might be the norm for the match going fans

Watched the game again this morning and I just want to double down on a comment I made last night. You are a shower of lucky fuckers.

That display was immense. You have the ability to win the CL. The only question mark is do they have the mentality to believe they can? If they get that right then there is no reason why you won’t. I think this team needs to win it to put the seal on their ability into the record books.

I hope you do win it. But hope delivers fuck all. If they stand up to the plate and believe they can, you jammy bastards would be wise to start arranging time off at the date of the final.

If you want to get a fund me page going to take me with you, please crack on. Jammy bastards.

Oh, and fucking enjoy it a bit more. This is the greatest period in your history and it looks set to continue. Savour it. Well done again. What a fucking team. ****s :)
Thanks for that, what’s your club pal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.