Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

I agree but use foden & Garcia more then. both worthy for me. Put fern back in the middle & I really believe the pressure will ease
Yip,well fern won’t be playing the last group game now,so why not just give the players a much needed rest and play the likes of foden,Garcia,harwood-bellis and so on,vital experience for them and a game in a hostile environment will show if they are up to it as well ...

think the best possible way to describe that performance was "very laboured"

the bigger picture however is concerning.....our overall performances for a lot of the season have been below par and that was another one tonight.

Why do some blues not accept we are playing poor ?? I don’t get it. I know we have been spoilt the last 2 years but the drop off from those 2 seasons are a concern.

we seem to be playing very different with little press and have all season that on top of every team looks quicker.

He is playing a system that requires fast wingers and Bernardo doesn't quite cut it, I think he has shown quality there for sure, but ultimately his qualities are far far more favourable in the midfield. Mahrez is also not exactly the best when stuck out wide, he likes to play inside a bit more.

Pep needs to let Sterling play more central and allows our fullbacks to attack the wide spaces more (where we no longer have enough quick wingers).

3-5-2 or 4-4-2 diamond would fix this imo. Still not understanding why we are asking our fullbacks to play like Zinchenko, he made sense as an inverted option, the other 4 do not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.