Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

This seems like exactly the sort of problem that would be caused by the injuries. If there are lots of injuries, the fit players have to play more, players with niggles have to play, and the whole team may have to compromise their usual style of play to help out a makeshift defence.

I agree but use foden & Garcia more then. both worthy for me. Put fern back in the middle & I really believe the pressure will ease

This game would be described as dead rubber until recently and players approached it like that, even Pep was not raving about some very poor moments. Let's relax and focus on Newcastle. All this negativity is needless.

Feels like our tactics have hit a brick wall, similiar to our narrow style under Mancini, and no tactics at all approach under Pellegrini.

Pep is a god, but its his job to find the answers to this. We are regressing every game, and no, I dont think the return of neither Laporte or Sane will fix our offensive gameplan

i agree but it seems like Pep has changed the tactics instead of them stalling....we are not attacking in the same way we have done the last two seasons (we arent getting to the byline on the edge of the 6 yd area like we were constantly (the likes of silva, benrardo, sterling and sane were always setting up goals from there) but now we seem to be trying to out crosses in from deeper and chipping the ball over the top (sometimes it successful but no where near as much).... we also seem to have stopped pressing and tonight was a prime example. we ha probably our three best forwards on to do that tonight (Sterling Jesus and Bernardo) but there was just no intensity in this at all..this is also coupled with some individuals (infact nearly all of them to a man) underperforming on a regular basis.....the whole team as individuals seems to have each dropped off a few percent in terms of performance levels...there isnt one outfield player that was there last season that is at the same level as previous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.