Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

He is playing a system that requires fast wingers and Bernardo doesn't quite cut it, I think he has shown quality there for sure, but ultimately his qualities are far far more favourable in the midfield. Mahrez is also not exactly the best when stuck out wide, he likes to play inside a bit more.

Pep needs to let Sterling play more central and allows our fullbacks to attack the wide spaces more (where we no longer have enough quick wingers).

3-5-2 or 4-4-2 diamond would fix this imo. Still not understanding why we are asking our fullbacks to play like Zinchenko, he made sense as an inverted option, the other 4 do not.

good call and agree. We are missing our full backs over lapping

would love pep to do this
Who cares if we actually lose the game,for all we know we may win it also,my concern is that pep is stubborn enough to play a nearly full strength team in an absolute dead rubber,were there is the chance of injuries as well,play 4-5 senior players and the rest as I mentioned foden,Garcia,harwood bellis along with say poveda,bernabe and so on..

Fern is staying out according to Pep but that (1) shows that he doesn’t trust stones and ota and (2) takes away a big part of what makes us successful.

Not hitting the Stella heights of the past couple of years but I suppose it is wishful thinking to hope we could

Qualified, top of group, game to spare. But somehow it feels like we are going backwards :(

Something’s not right at the club at the moment. A great team seems to have withered on the vine almost overnight. Not replacing Vinny, inverted wingers all the time (totally ineffective against parked buses), powderpuff finishing every week, abject lack of pace in every department, half arsed pressing, questionable team selections, opposition teams able to run through our midfield on the counter like it doesn’t exist, £220m spent on Cancelo, Rodri, Mendy and Mahrez. Awful against Wolves, awful against Norwich, awful against Southampton, awful 2nd half in Atalanta, awful tonight, we just look completely jaded.
With United, Burnley, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves as 5 of our next 6 opponents, we really need Pep to earn his motivational corn in the next few weeks or we’ll be looking over our shoulders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.