Shamima Begum

The logical consequence of preferring her not to be in the country is the acceptance that we should export our problems to somewhere else that don’t believe it is their problem. What’s your justification for this being acceptable?

I too would prefer she stayed abroad along with every other terrorist and serious criminal but the consequences make this unacceptable as far as I’m concerned.
So we are of the same mind apart from you are worried about long term problems from this single case and I ain't.

Excellent. Just the ones who want to save the evil woman left. I really can't be bothered with those.

What, so if the people who know what they’re talking about didn’t call out the people who don’t know what they’re talking about for spouting shite about stuff they don’t understand, everything would be okay?

if only someone had suggested that in the Brexit thread
There are a handful of posters on here who seem to know everything about everything. And by that they Google a lot.

Well done for getting Brexit in though haha:-)

Last edited:
The girl’s got nothing to worry about really has she, she has her health

She could be starting 16 weeks of Chemo on Wednesday for a cancer that’s ultimately incurable, followed by a stem cell transplant in the autumn like my missus so apologies if I really couldn’t give a fuck about the girl

Sue worked her arse off for 30+ years in the NHS and got Cancer as a retirement present.. Good eh
Sorry mate that is shit. No words.

So we are of the same mind apart from you are worried about long term problems from this single case and I ain't.

Excellent. Just the ones who want to save the evil woman left. I really can't be bothered with those.
Two things bother me. One is the fact that this has demonstrated that the Home Secretary has the power to arbitrarily remove the citizenship of any one of millions of UK born people without challenge which is a step towards autocracy, and the second is that it has the potential of pissing off friendly countries as a result. Bet she wouldn’t have done it if it was the USA rather than Bangladesh. I don’t just see it as a long term problem, more a demonstration of bad faith that as a country we can ill afford and the consequences of which will bite us on the arse one day when we least expect it.
I don’t give a fuck about Begum as an individual. She is simply being used as ammunition in the culture war that this government is waging in the hope that it gives them a chance to stay in power.

For me, Boris, this quite right wing govn we have, brexit, farage Trump, its all a result of people "being scared" as some people in here put it.

I want that to end, this country trending more towards insularity, pulling away from human rights... I tend to think of that as a backlash against something. People are scared, and they're not being listened to.

The girl’s got nothing to worry about really has she, she has her health

She could be starting 16 weeks of Chemo on Wednesday for a cancer that’s ultimately incurable, followed by a stem cell transplant in the autumn like my missus so apologies if I really couldn’t give a fuck about the girl

Sue worked her arse off for 30+ years in the NHS and got Cancer as a retirement present.. Good eh
Thanks for the positive messages and sorry for derailing the thread slightly.. it’s actually 18 weeks of chemo she’s down for but finger’s crossed it will kill off the aggressive disease she has…

Back on topic now.. Thanks again

Two things bother me. One is the fact that this has demonstrated that the Home Secretary has the power to arbitrarily remove the citizenship of any one of millions of UK born people without challenge which is a step towards autocracy, and the second is that it has the potential of pissing off friendly countries as a result. Bet she wouldn’t have done it if it was the USA rather than Bangladesh. I don’t just see it as a long term problem, more a demonstration of bad faith that as a country we can ill afford and the consequences of which will bite us on the arse one day when we least expect it.
I don’t give a fuck about Begum as an individual. She is simply being used as ammunition in the culture war that this government is waging in the hope that it gives them a chance to stay in power.

Not sure if it is a typo but it wasn't Patel. It was one of Sajid Javid's last acts as home secretary before May's premiership formally ended and he became Chancellor under the Eton Mess.

Thanks for the positive messages and sorry for derailing the thread slightly.. it’s actually 18 weeks of chemo she’s down for but finger’s crossed it will kill off the aggressive disease she has…

Back on topic now.. Thanks again
So sorry to hear this mate.
Wish you all the best with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.