Shaun Wright Phillips

Shaun has absolutely no end product, he is great carrying the ball with pace, but he gets into crossing positions and produces dross every time. I personally want to see Vlad Weiss have a run out. The game and home to Burnley next would be a great opportunity for him to play, and there is no shadow of a doubt he'd be better than shaun!

brian the blue said:
Shaun has absolutely no end product, he is great carrying the ball with pace, but he gets into crossing positions and produces dross every time. I personally want to see Vlad Weiss have a run out. The game and home to Burnley next would be a great opportunity for him to play, and there is no shadow of a doubt he'd be better than shaun!

From what I've seen of Vlad Weiss there's no evidence to suggest he's better than Shaun.

Have you seen something I haven't or are you talking through your arse?

Wright Phillips worked as hard as ever today, but his form isnt great and he's probably low on morale. i know from watching City for a number of years that if we bring Weiss in and he doesnt perform withinn a few games we'll all get on his back so how about we wait for Shaun to get his form back.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Saw him lose the ball 2 times in the first 3 minutes today...

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

He had a reasonable game , but it certainly wasn't one of his best ........ his final ball was poor , and he gave the ball away far too much ....... not that he was by any means alone!

Sweeps not been great this season at all but I've not seen anything from weiss to suggest he'd be any better. Seems to be just another case of 'whoevers not in the team must be better than whoever is' when people are disappointed with results.

Kompany ... Better than lescott

Bojinov ... Better than bellamy

Weiss ... Better than SWP

All things I've read on here ... And all wrong in my opinion.
Having said that, I'd replace the whole right side given half a chance in January. Richards/zab and sweep/weiss are not the best we can do by any stretch.

ell said:
Thought he had a good game today and has been in for some unjust stick on here recently.
He does a lot for the team granted covering at the back etc but there are problems and it shows every game he cannot go past a man one on one his end product isn't what it was he just seems so low on confidence. It hurts me to say it because I like the man even defended him when threads like this started popping up towards the end of last season but it has to be said as a winger he isn't doing enough.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
ell said:
Thought he had a good game today and has been in for some unjust stick on here recently.
He does a lot for the team granted covering at the back etc but there are problems and it shows every game he cannot go past a man one on one his end product isn't what it was he just seems so low on confidence. It hurts me to say it because I like the man even defended him when threads like this started popping up towards the end of last season but it has to be said as a winger he isn't doing enough.
I think his main problem right now is, he comes inside looking for the ball far too much. IMO the 2 in the middle should just wack it into that top corner of the pitch for SWP to chase and most defenders he would burn

Opinions are a great thing!

What I saw was a player who can longer beat a man and when he actually gets in behind the defence can not produce a decent final ball![/quote]

maybe can't beat a man because he spends the majority of his energy on chasing back covering for a missing right back!!! i feel sorry fer swp he worked his nuts off chasing back then offers nothing going forward because he's knackered. our full backs should try just being full backs for a couple of games and see how much more solid we would look at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.