Shaun Wright Phillips

mr t said:
brian the blue said:
Shaun has absolutely no end product, he is great carrying the ball with pace, but he gets into crossing positions and produces dross every time. I personally want to see Vlad Weiss have a run out. The game and home to Burnley next would be a great opportunity for him to play, and there is no shadow of a doubt he'd be better than shaun!

From what I've seen of Vlad Weiss there's no evidence to suggest he's better than Shaun.

Have you seen something I haven't or are you talking through your arse?
If you've seen no evidence then you can't have seen him play, Weiss has better close control, can beat the full back cleanly instead of SWP's usual "run into the tackle and try and bobble it through if lucky" and he can actually cross a ball. If you can't see how ineffective SWP is at the moment you never will.

Throughout most of the 2nd half it was noticeable Bellamy was losing patience and gesturing his dissatisfaction at SWP inability to get a decent/accurate ball in the box on several opportunities. I think SWP is a valuable player to have in the squad but he has an infuriating habit of losing possession to easy and also of taking one to many touches before getting any kind of ball in the box.On the positive side their isn’t many players who cover defensively for their team-mates so unselfishly as SWP,to his credit.

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Saw him lose the ball 2 times in the first 3 minutes today...

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

Opinions are a great thing!

What I saw was a player who can longer beat a man and when he actually gets in behind the defence can not produce a decent final ball!
I hate saying this but i agree with ninja, his final ball is dreadful, mind you the options available to him a limited as we only have one in the box at times!

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

What I saw was a player who can longer beat a man and when he actually gets in behind the defence can not produce a decent final ball!
I hate saying this but i agree with ninja, his final ball is dreadful, mind you the options available to him a limited as we only have one in the box at times!

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.