Shaun Wright Phillips

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Saw him lose the ball 2 times in the first 3 minutes today...

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

Opinions are a great thing!
DONT KNOW WHAT THE FOOK'S HAPPENED THERE, SORRY :/

on the subject of SWP i think he is really low on confidence, when he gets near the box he is just happy to swing a boot at the ball - 9 out of 10 hit the defender and the other is usually harmless.

one of the issues though imo is that becasue barry and de Jong are sat so deep then there is usually no-one giving him the inside pass or ball to edge of box which results in him just attempting to ping the ball in.

as it is Burnley at home up next then i would bench SWP and either give Weiss a run-out or revert to 4-3-3 with tevez on right of front 3 with stevie in behind Ade.

Rammy Blue said:
on the subject of SWP i think he is really low on confidence, when he gets near the box he is just happy to swing a boot at the ball - 9 out of 10 hit the defender and the other is usually harmless.

one of the issues though imo is that becasue barry and de Jong are sat so deep then there is usually no-one giving him the inside pass or ball to edge of box which results in him just attempting to ping the ball in.

as it is Burnley at home up next then i would bench SWP and either give Weiss a run-out or revert to 4-3-3 with tevez on right of front 3 with stevie in behind Ade.
i agree, which is the point i made (5 times) lol, not enough options. we could also play 4-1-3-2, Ireland has to play more often, imo we must find a system in which he plays a big part!

i thought he was off his game yesterday, to be fair when he did get to the by line there was very little to aim at. rocky was so off the pace it was'nt true.

Thought he played quite well yesterday apart from his crossing which is becoming very frustrating, especially when he tried to smash it threw 3 defenders and a goalie when he could have just lobbed it over the lot of them for Bellamy to score.

charliebigspuds said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Opinions are a great thing!

What I saw was a player who can longer beat a man and when he actually gets in behind the defence can not produce a decent final ball!
I hate saying this but i agree with ninja, his final ball is dreadful, mind you the options available to him a limited as we only have one in the box at times!

Thanks Charlie, well said!!
:-)

de niro said:
i thought he was off his game yesterday, to be fair when he did get to the by line there was very little to aim at. rocky was so off the pace it was'nt true.
Agree totally about Rocky,in his defence,City are Nursing him back to Match fitness,but i believe he will repay that debt Tenfold IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.