Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

svennis pennis said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Irishmacca is blinded by the fact he's from the same country as Given. It's pointless trying to get anything across to him he won't accept any view other than "Given is Irish so he's godlike"

Exactly. I doubt he even supports us to be honest. Just seems more like a casual follow of anyone that has one of the emerald isles players.

I wish Shay luck at Arsenal but I am delighted Joe is number one. I just couldnt take another season of watching super glued to his goal line.

Good Posts lads.

We try and post our opinion to IrishMacca but he just has his blinkers on. I live in Ireland now and they think Given is god, When he is far from it. I think they listen to the press to much about him he gets a lot of high praise from them. There was many ocassions last season and even in his Newcastle days, Where I would have a conversation with somebody about Given and say he is not actually that good and I would get laughed at, He is one of the best shot stoppers but other than that what does he do?
Personally am delighted that Joe Hart is No.1 again!

Could a deal involving Sagna possibly be on the cards?

Sagna (Boateng/Micah/Zabaleta) - Kompany (Boateng) - Toure (Lescott/Boyata) - Kolarov (Bridge/Cunningham)

Lots of defensive strength there.

Re: we've agreed to let Shay Given join Arsenal

IrishMacca said:
So fuck Given right? Who cares about the Irish lad when England's future keeper needs games.

getting bored of this now, It's not based on peoples bias towards Joe being English, I'm sure City fans want whats best for the club, he could be chinese for all I care and I'd still pick Hart over Given, thats my opinion.

Youre entitled to your opinion too, although its the wrong one to have.

You keep banging on about English/Irish shite though pal if it makes you feel better.

ps- I need my drive doing, know anybody decent?

LoveCity said:
Could a deal involving Sagna possibly be on the cards?

Sagna (Boateng/Micah/Zabaleta) - Kompany (Boateng) - Toure (Lescott/Boyata) - Kolarov (Bridge/Cunningham)

Lots of defensive strength there.

Put it simply no

Your right Irish Macca just got off the phone to Bobby and he confirmed that he thought Given is a better keeper than Hart , but as Given was Irish he would not pick him

MCFC OK

After 22 pages of discussing Ire vs Eng and Hart vs Given, can we actually start talking about the transfer at hand here and not the No 1 debate, there are other threads for that.

First off, what clown started this thread and didn't even give a source at all. I believe you are called panroe.

Please tell us all why we should believe this bottom of the barrel rumour and ITK bollocks, because from where I am it's all rubbish.

If Given goes then I would only let him go on loan and with a '24 hour' recall. I'd also do everything I could to avoid him going to one of our competitors.

Sheer madness to let shay go anywhere , whats the point of having 2 players for each role?, if when they are not playing they can ask to go on loan ??. Imho say no bobby.. lets hope we have not forgotten they hart fiasco.

If or when Given gets sold or loaned (which is a personally think that he has been tapped up by either Celtic or Arsenal and he should bite the bullett and work for his place) out why don't we take on trial or sign for a season Dida who has got released from Milan? He won't be first choice but is of a good standard and better than third choice Stuart Taylor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.