Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

City defended brilliantly for all but one switch-off moment, Kyle will get flak but he was unlucky. But see how he and the team reacted! That is why we are so good, dominated possession, should have scored 5 or more, but after the equaliser we won anyway, that is how to win the Premier League. Wait until we get in gear!

Not sure where we could have scored 5
Alvarez blazing over, Foderingham save from Alvarez in the 1st half, Haaland's 'tap-in', Haaland's one-on-one, Haaland's penalty, Rodri just wide

Saying 'should' might be a tad harsh for some of them, but we could easily have got 3 more goals from those 6 good chances

I can`t wait for the end of season ... to see these twats back in the Championship. Horrible to play against and even worse to try and get past an eleven man wall and rely on us fucking it up for ourselves, well that nearly worked.
Blades just fuck off back to where you belong.

Thank god that ones out of the way, over physical those cunts and surprised one or two of our lads didn't get badly injured.
Kova motm by a mile, ran his arse off and did some great runs. Great three points City

That penalty decision which he missed I thought it was justice to be honest.what was the defender supposed to do? There was another similar one this weekend where it wasn’t given I forget which game. Overall get in . World class performance from the blues.another amusing observation was by our stand in manager when he took the headpieces out. I’m sure he said something along the lines of.. peps had a right fuckin go at me lol
I said this when it happened.

By the Laws of the Game, has he really made his body unnaturally bigger by sliding in and naturally using his arm to balance and the ball hitting him from close range of about two yards away?

By the Laws, I think that’s harsh.

But it’s one of those you can’t not give despite the Laws saying it isn’t really a penalty.

City defended brilliantly for all but one switch-off moment, Kyle will get flak but he was unlucky. But see how he and the team reacted! That is why we are so good, dominated possession, should have scored 5 or more, but after the equaliser we won anyway, that is how to win the Premier League. Wait until we get in gear!
Not really unlucky but stupid. Don't back-heel a ball when you're off balance in your own penalty area.

Of course they’re always likely to lose, and yes they are shit. But there’s a difference between keeping compact and organised but still trying to progress the ball (ala Brentford) and just cowardly sitting 11 men airtight in the box for the whole game.

It’s not a matter of them having to play like Barcelona, there are more choices available to them than the binary options of complete cowardly cunts or Harlem globetrotters.
But it worked? For all the dullness and ugliness, they gave us as good a game as they were ever likely to and nearly even got a point. Its a shit watch, but criticising a dogshit Championship sides tactics after they've nearly gotten a point against the best team in the world seems pretty silly.

There's an absolute chasm between them and Brentford BTW, they aren't remotely capable of playing the same way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.