Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

"Can we talk about Rodri"...

yes-great.gif
He's not got a bad back. Pep has had a hair transplant.

Expect him to look like Valderrama when he comes back.

Terry Flanagan, lol. Loved the celebration but I think he'll get a ban for that
If only he’d been wearing a match shirt..
He might have got away with it it looked that genuine a celebration!
Silly to get himself banned for that but the club will have no alternative as it will otherwise be encouraging more of the same.

I’m not convinced it’s him. The MEN will be all over it today if it is though. Hopefully he won’t get a ban.
If he does get away with it then it would be unfair on any others who have been or will be banned for similar.

Anyone coming onto a pitch is a serious danger to the players.

Can I ask why Blades fans would boo Grealish for no reason? I just don’t get it. The lad is just a out the most sincere and caring man in the game.
Spends hours of his own time and loads of his own money helping those less fortunate than himself.
Cuz he signed for us (dirty oil club) for a British transfer record. Anyone interested in case studies please observe how Declan rice gets booed for leaving his beloved mid table club to join one of the big boys for a record fee... Not. Shows the difference in how our club is perceived

Yeah I don't understand City fans saying this, our possession football is mesmerising, I fucking love it.
Imagine a team coming to your joint and not letting you have barely a kick. I love it.
Thank You Pep. Nobody else could do this.
Let's be honest, it's not as exciting as end to end rubbish, but for connoisseurs of the beautiful game it's mesmerising. I once described to my sister in law that the beauty in football was that the patterns made on the pitch were like ballet. I was joking, but Pep really is the Frederick Ashton of football.

(Remember when Allison had City players doing ballet training? More for fitness than choreography.)

A 5.5/10 performance from us. On another day Alvarez scores the early chance and Haaland scores the penalty and its a totally different game.

The formation we played yesterday does not suit the personnel we have available, Kyle Walker should not be involved in offensive phases, Bernardo and Kova should only play together in a double-pivot when Rodri is rested. Injuries have forced us to play that system, its clear that Pep still wants to use the inverted CB, Stones is a BIG miss, Akanji played well againts N'castle in that role and we'll need him back vs Fulham, hopefully Stones is back after the Int'break.

Having slept on it I think - with the exception of the Walker brain fart leading to Sheffield’s goal - it was a pretty accomplished performance given the fact a) we have squad absentees including last minute Phil and Akanji illnesses, and Pep out of action, b) we are nowhere near up to speed as a team as is usually the case in August and c) yet again we had to weave our way through a parked bus.

What separates us from the rest is how we deal with adversity - Haaland was full of fury after the penalty miss, Walker came straight back to affect the game after his defensive calamity and Rodri was back with one of his thunderbastards.

One day I’d like to think a ref exists that protects Grealish from being mowed down several times a game. It’s disgraceful what’s allowed to pass.

The other disgrace yesterday was the matchday thread on here - as per - but some blues need to give their head a wobble the way they speak about our treble winning team who give their all for the club, who are all fallible in their own ways but find a way to keep delivering. Some posters also really need to learn to ditch their bizarre personal vendettas against certain players and grow up a bit.

Grealish: Fans of rags and dippers boo him because he plays for City. Fans of other clubs boo him as a large proportion of them support the rags and dippers when their own teams aren't in the Prem.
Or they are just deranged Muppets.
Manchester City fans are obviously too classy to ever do such a thing..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.