Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

I don’t think that is at all what people are saying, some of the offsides are being given for arms, armpits and fingers being offside, that’s what people are questioning.

Also the poster you replied too can say as many times as he wishes he thinks the goal should not of stood, but he was incorrect in the match thread for saying the ball hit the ref, and again the ball did not touch the referee so goal given and completely correct decision, and in complete compliance of the laws of the game.

Name one offside where an arm or finger is offside and its been given!!?? They have to pick a point (Armpit) as the rule states any point of the body that can score donates offside!! Usually with an attacker moving in a forward direction towards the goal, the armpit/torso is that point!! VAR is applying the law of the game as it currently stands!! Whether the law needs tweaking is another conversation but as it stands its calling them right!!

Agree on the Ref point. it was a little unclear at the time, but it never touched the ref, the Shef united player played it at him, that shouldn't mean the game is stopped!!Again according to the current laws, the game played on and the correct decision was made. Similar to the Shef Untied goal being disallowed, again the correct decision!!

Are you a Leicester fan ;-) they also have a game in hand.

To be honest I stopped looking at the table, can live in bliss/denial that way. If I don’t look it’s not real.

Rodri looked like he played CB the whole second half. He was so deep and had no influence on the game, not sure if we switched to 352 in the second half?

I’m pitchside so can be hard to tell at times with distances but seemed that way to me. perhaps tv viewers with a better view will be able to say with more certainty. felt he was more impactful second half, less control over the game granted but he was in the areas he needed to be more often.

Over-analysis given game is 48 hours from Wolves. Did you expect flowing football?

I’d accept that if it was a one-off. It’s been happening for months now though with the odd anomaly in between

Agree about Sergio likely deserving a freekick.

But ignoring that, I’ve just posted another explanation of why I still think the current VAR offside review is a farce, including today’s instance — I’ll obviously take it today, but I don’t have to like that I am doing it. ;-)
Their offside should never have needed to be sent to VAR it was a clear offside that the lino should have seen.

Very happy with the improvements in the second half. Sheffield have gone unbeaten away from home because they work so hard.

Did enough in the end but it’s no wonder we are 13 points behind when we keep churning out performances like that most weeks. It’s so laboured, predictable and lacking any purpose. That style only works when we play with tempo otherwise it’s just side to side passing. Until we scored we didn’t trouble their keeper at all. After we scored they came out and our formation change allowed us to look more threatening but that was more down to them than us improving.

Mahrez had a decent second half to his credit after a non-existent first half, Sterling though was completely anonymous all game, he’s the only runner in the team but doesn’t seem to want to run anymore and thinks he’s a ball player now, needs dropping to the bench for a bit in my opinion.

Garcia didn’t put a foot wrong, deserves to keep his place but I suspect rotation will see him drop out next game, Hopefully won’t be long before he gets a run of games. Said pre-match Foden would get his customary ten minute cameo and Pep was right on cue with that sub almost to the second, should have got longer on the pitch over the last 3 days. Rodri looked a lot better after the switch, game was passing him by too easily beforehand due to his lack of pace, perhaps that’s the formation we need to play with him in the side, might be worth giving it a go from the start next game with mendy and cancelo coming in got to be worth having a look at as opposed to a similar game to today and the last few months.

Disagree on Mahrez. I thought even in the first half he looked like something could happen when he was on the ball. In terms of Sterling he looks out on his feet. Has been overplayed this season I believe, hopefully after Everton game he will get a week off.

Agree that Rodri looked better in what looked like a back 3 2nd half. Would like to see a bit more of that.

He played in between Dinho and Garcia in a 3 mate, he had a huge influence in the game to be fair, certainly more than when he plays a standard DM
He looked so lost in that first half and then second half, even though I thought they offered little threat I thought he looked really deep. Hard to tell from where I was, but after the burnley game I was oozing for Rodri but since then he’s looked really pedestrian.

Their offside should never have needed to be sent to VAR it was a clear offside that the lino should have seen.
I think it is harsh to say it was “obvious”.

There was a later offside decision that was not obvious, and should not have seen the flag immediately go up, but we are used to those from every line referee this season, as that “if it is close, wait for the play to finish then have VAR assess” rule doesn’t apply to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.