Sheffield United (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Anyone take advantage of the Budweiser "offer" inside the stadium, 4 cans for £23.50, unbelievable, bought2 !!

I wasnt having a dig at your support by the way. Sorry if it came across like that.

I was point out really why we both didnt sell out and using your support as an example to back up ourselves not selling out too (yes i confused myself there)

Cost for me and my little girl yesterday;

Tickets £135
Fuel £60
Parking at watford £10
Tube £12 (i think?)
2 Pizza and 2 Cokes on baker street £35
2 pints and 2 cokes in a marylebone pub £16
Programme £5 (?)
Coke in wembley £4.20 (robbing bastards)
Macdonalds on way home £12

That is a fuckin dear do. Add that on to what supporting city has already cost me in the month of april alone. Plus a final where my son will want to come too.

Its choices. I think both teams did extremely well to shift 30k each .

Good luck for future and look after mcatee and doyle as i think they will be staying with you
Not at all, I’d seen it in a few places yours just happened to be the last one that mentioned the crowd when I had a look at the thread.

I’d love to see them both stay but it wouldn’t surprise me if your development team place McAtee elsewhere. He’s come on leaps and bounds this season, especially with his work off the ball but next season I don’t expect us to dominate ball like we do in the Championship. The best prep to a young City player who has done his year of ‘hard learning’ would probably to take the next step at a European side who play in a similar style to how your team set up.

I know quite a few match going reds who ain’t going today due to either cost or because they don’t agree with the semi being at Wembley.
For a rags v Brighton game Wembley is not a bad option, Brighton have a longish journey themselves. Villa Park is more problematic with public transport etc than Wembley. For us and the Blades, OT or Hillsborough would have both been acceptable. When there was an all Sheffield semi both sets of fans insisted it should be at Wembley. For blues the novelty has certainly worn thin and the new Wembley lacks the magic of the old, sadly FA determined to hold all semis there.

I have one overriding thought this morning. As is said quite frequently, "Isn't it great to be a blue."

It is an absolute privelege. This is a remarkable time to be Blue.

I went to the game yesterday with one of my daughters, who is 22 and only got interested after watching the QPR game on TV with her twin sister. They knew what a big deal it was for me, who was at the game. Taht game hooked them in but means they have only known a, largely, successful side.

We were sat at a table on on the conccourse before the game having a (soft) drink and two other sets of two supporters joined us. Each party had a Blue of similar vintage to me that has suffered through the ups and downs. We had a good chat and it would have been interesting for her to see the mind set of (some more) old school Blues - nothing taken for granted, always a little nervous that shit can and does happen. Not that we don't sit among a batch of such Blues at the Etihad.

Agree , there was quite a few trying to goad City fans , i am in my sixties with my family and a couple of teens in my face shouting "come on then" , really is pathetic , and yet queing for the tube had a good crack with a few of their supporters.
Alcohol and drugs , the columbian marching powder now being the go to addiction means there will be a proportion of dickheads in every fan base , but if they want a scrap why approach pensioners with their families , have a go at some of our more youthful supporters and see what happens.
From my observations of young men at football there has definitely been an upsurge in violence since the pandemic. The prevelance of charlie has a lot to do with it, but have to say modern boys seemlike tribute acts of 80s films and seem to be more interested in goading each other than getting stuck in. Suspect things will get much worse before they get better.

From my observations of young men at football there has definitely been an upsurge in violence since the pandemic. The prevelance of charlie has a lot to do with it, but have to say modern boys seemlike tribute acts of 80s films and seem to be more interested in goading each other than getting stuck in. Suspect things will get much worse before they get better.
Firms not films bloody predictive text

Fucking horrific state of things.

I thought we had genuinely finally turned the corner from the days of my youth when you had to have your head darting back and forth to check for cunts hiding for a jump or scrap, and your guard couldn’t go down until you were back to your house.

But I have heard and read about a lot more of this at games this last year (especially in and around London) and I worry we’re sliding back in to those darker times.

I suppose in some ways it is not surprising, given the massive impact the pandemic, Brexit, and other recents events have had on everyone. Feels like there is a lot more pent up emotion and aggression these days.

Hopefully it will calm down again, though, and we get back on the path of seeing this thuggery stamped out for the most part..
Certainly on the rise on the continent. Wembley is well policed generally though and they come down hard and swiftly when they see anything. Too much sniff and too much 5% lager for late kick offs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.