Sheikh Mansour banner

BlueMooner87 said:
This 1000 40 metre banner how wide would it be ? I believe this is the part that will make it stand out more, most of the banners in the ground don't stnd out because they are so tightly fitted to the barriers
3462647469_95ec134a95.jpg

diavolo.jpg

can you see what I mean in the difference it makes to have a good depth in the banner

we have to stick with what the club will allow... unless you wanna carry one of those enormous things to and from every match with you... but it won't fit in your Indesit 1200.

Oh and just for the record... nobody has said it is going to be 40 metres wide and nobody has said it's going to cost a grand either. We are simply going to get the biggest banner the club will allow to pay a small tribute to Mansour for throwing the odd £500million at the club and saving us (for the time being, at least) from financial meltdown - which is where we were heading.

Things are progressing quite quickly now, and it will definitely be up for the Wolves game.

Will keep you updated on here with any developments.

Ric said:
Things are progressing quite quickly now, and it will definitely be up for the Wolves game.

Have you had a quote for it yet ric? Do you know the dimensions?

ello_jo said:
Ric said:

Have you had a quote for it yet ric? Do you know the dimensions?

yes, its twice as long from the middle to the end.

OK, things are moving pretty fast now in time to get this done for the Wolves game. We've had a few quotes but a decision on that will be made tomorrow, taking into account quality, cost etc.

The club are being very co-operative, to the extent that the translations are being done by senior club figures in Abu Dhabi. We just need to finalise, and fairly quickly, what the message should be. I've been through the entire thread a couple of times and there's no real consenus (inevitable I guess when you try to make decision by committee!) but as many, many people have contributed I want them to have say before it goes off to production.

The two main front-runners from that thread seem to be:

- THE PEOPLE OF MANCHESTER THANK YOU, SHEIKH MANSOUR
- THE LOYAL FANS OF MANCHESTER CITY THANK YOU, SHEIKH MANSOUR

I personally prefer the first one, but am conscious that it might alienate out of town or overseas Blues who have contributed. the second one sounds, I dunno, just not right to me.

A compromise of sorts is:

- THE CITIZENS OF MANCHESTER THANK YOU, SHEIKH MANSOUR

although I suspect the pun may not work in Arabic, not that that's essential I guess.

Anyway, need to come to a decision asap so any feedback on here much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ric

What's wrong with "THE SUPPORTERS OF MANCHESTER CITY THANK YOU, SHEIKH MANSOUR" ?

I don't think we need digs at Trafford or subliminal messages that won't translate or be understood by him. It's the club he's bought, not the city itself, and it's the fans who are thanking him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.