Ship of fools

Swales lives said:
Stanley said:
Look, I know its scary, It makes us feel quite small, but there is nothing after, I don't care much for the outing, I'm not going to bite at the masses of print regarding the subject because they were all scared too.

As I said in the prev thread, the sooner people stop having a cause (or our club is better than yours) the sooner we can get on with human kind. Evolve man you know it makes sense.

I wonder what the next step in the brow beating book is. I guess we may be able to find out.

I agree - after death there is nothing.
It's just desperate souls clinging onto an idea that we are immortal, they can't handle the idea that we just rot in the earth or scatter in the wind. All that is left is memories. Egotistical dreamers, these religious types.

See this is my main problem with Athiests. How do you know theres nothing after death? I'm not religous, I don't follow a religion and I consider myself quite a rational person. I'm not clinging to some hope that there will be an after life. I do believe however to say you know what happens after you die makes you just as bad as any religous nut that claims there is definately an after life.

I'm by no means defending religion either as I think most religion is just a basis to keep the poorer classes in check.

The Blue Knight said:
Swales lives said:
Stanley said:
Look, I know its scary, It makes us feel quite small, but there is nothing after, I don't care much for the outing, I'm not going to bite at the masses of print regarding the subject because they were all scared too.

As I said in the prev thread, the sooner people stop having a cause (or our club is better than yours) the sooner we can get on with human kind. Evolve man you know it makes sense.

I wonder what the next step in the brow beating book is. I guess we may be able to find out.

I agree - after death there is nothing.
It's just desperate souls clinging onto an idea that we are immortal, they can't handle the idea that we just rot in the earth or scatter in the wind. All that is left is memories. Egotistical dreamers, these religious types.

See this is my main problem with Athiests. How do you know theres nothing after death? I'm not religous, I don't follow a religion and I consider myself quite a rational person. I'm not clinging to some hope that there will be an after life. I do believe however to say you know what happens after you die makes you just as bad as any religous nut that claims there is definately an after life.

I'm by no means defending religion either as I think most religion is just a basis to keep the poorer classes in check.

Welcome to the ship of fools.

The Blue Knight said:

You sound like an Agnostic then.

blueinkwell said:
The Blue Knight said:

Nah Scientologist ;)

I dunno i've never really considered myself one thing or the other, but when you live in a universe with billions of possibilities, and the paradigms which we think in are constantly shifting it just seems stupid to not to be openminded really.

The Blue Knight said:
blueinkwell said:
The Blue Knight said:

Nah Scientologist ;)

I dunno i've never really considered myself one thing or the other, but when you live in a universe with billions of possibilities, and the paradigms which we think in are constantly shifting it just seems stupid to not to be openminded really.
Tend to be open minded myself, there a few things in Nature that seem too necessary for life on earth that I find it hard to believe are not there for a reason. For example water being at it's densest at 4C so that it freezes from the top, if it froze from the bottom there'd be no life on earth.

In 1970 someone stole my roller-skates from our back yard in Gorton. As an 11 year old boy, brought up as a Christian, I prayed for days for god to bring them back; but they never came.

Disillusioned, my faith evaporated and I have never had cause to think of the existence of an all-powerful being since.

(If my skates were to turn up, I may consider becoming a born-again Christian!)

Now we have all this money I will take a berth in first class if you dont mind - The Bible is just a big book full of stories, nothing more, nothing less! If people need a God in their life fine, but as a previous poster noted the sooner those with religion addiction problems forget about being in "club" the better this planet will be for me.

dannybcity said:
pee dubyas crayons said:
Atheists are just as arrogant as believers.

Agnosticism is the only possible option.

In fairness there's a fair chunk of evidence that Atheist rely upon.

Not with regards to whether or not ther is an afterlife though man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.