Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

Do they genuinely believe that people are dying from knife attacks and acid attacks on such a scale that they need to be armed to protect themselves?

I doubt it - it's a party line that they need to repeat so no one 'punishes them by taking their guns'. Yes, he did use the word 'punish'. He sounds like a child when it has its toy taken away

I'm very much in the 'fuck 'em' camp. The only issue is that normal everyday people get caught up in their ideological lunacy
I've heard all the rhetoric from the gun lobby over the years but I can't for the life of me understand why they are so wedded to this 2nd amendment that so obviously causes death and destruction on such a widespread scale year in, year out. It just sounds like madness and a dereliction of duty by the government in regards to the safety and security of their citizens. I'm open to being educated by someone if they think they know why guns are held as sacred by these people.

I wasn't really making an argument. More like, I was giving you a fun fact that not many are aware of. When "shit goes down" I suppose the Governor will put out the call for the unorganized militia.

You can meet on the village green and just come as you are like the original Minutemen. No need for anything fancy. The snot nosed VMI cadet or Va Tech cadet corps member they'll put in charge of your fire team/squad/platoon will likely get everyone killed anyhow. :)

The part you want is at the very bottom.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_militia

btw calling you reasonably smart wasn't meant as an insult. Hope you didn't see it that way.

Ha no I didn't ;)

Are you mocking people who have no other means but to hunt to survive?

I am mocking stupid Americans who think that protecting the rights of Americans who have absolutely no other option but to hunt to eat (total number = 0) as a justification for gun laws that have resulted in 270 mass shootings in 270 days.

is that clear enough?

I am mocking stupid Americans who think that protecting the rights of Americans who have absolutely no other option but to hunt to eat (total number = 0) as a justification for gun laws that have resulted in 270 mass shootings in 270 days.

is that clear enough?
Why are you wasting your breath?

Let them keep killing each other, you won’t persuade them otherwise. Their like religious fanatics.

Surely there must be millions of Americans that want guns deregulated/banned ?
Must be able to oragnize a mass protest

Surely there must be millions of Americans that want guns deregulated/banned ?
Must be able to oragnize a mass protest

They are.

The problem is the gun lobby will give massive amounts of money to candidates who run against politicians who want gun control.

In the end, politicians love power more than they want gun control. So we get lots of condolences from Congress but no change.

America = fucked up society.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.