Shootings in Paris

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
foxy said:
For the fucking idiots out there, IT IS NOT RACIST TO CRITICIZE A RELIGION.
So Whelan's comments that Jews chase money more than most weren't racist then?
Hang on.

I said Jews were a race and you said that was bollocks.

The Jews are a set apart though. You can be a non-religious or atheist Jew. You'd still be ethnically a Jew, hence my point regarding te nazis not giving a shite if they were practicing or not and that the nazis tried to wipe out the Jewish race for racist ideological reasons. However you can't be an atheist Muslim or atheist Christian. That wouldn't make any sense.

You're a smart bloke and you are well aware of that. I think you are just playing silly buggers with the above.

I was baptized Catholic, went to a Catholic school and went to mass until I was 11 or 12. My kids are Catholic and also go to a Catholic school.

I am a definate Atheist, although I still consider myself a Catholic Atheist. Weird I know!

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hang on.

The Jews are a set apart though. You can be a non-religious or atheist Jew. You'd still be ethnically a Jew, hence my point regarding te nazis not giving a shite if they were practicing or not and that the nazis tried to wipe out the Jewish race for racist ideological reasons. However you can't be an atheist Muslim or atheist Christian. That wouldn't make any sense.

You're a smart bloke and you are well aware of that. I think you are just playing silly buggers with the above.
No I'm not. I don't recognise the term "ethnically Jewish". I'm ethnically British, bring born in Britain to British parents. However, by dint of the fact that my mother was the product of Jewish parents, who married in a recognised synagogue in a legal and religious ceremony, and who herself took part in a similar ceremony before I was born, I am considered to be automatically Jewish. Whether I choose to believe in the religion and practice it is an entirely different matter. Even if I were to die choking on a bacon butty, I would still be buried as a Jew. Whereas there is, I understand, no such linear basis in Islam and Christianity. As pointed out, I may share my DNA with 80% of other Jews but that does not mean I have anything else in common with them.

And I consider racism to be something that can be directed against a distinct group, whether that distinction is based on race, ethnicity or religion.
Well what you consider to be racism is incorrect and a bastardisation of the term.

jimmy blue shoes said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hang on.

I was baptized Catholic, went to a Catholic school and went to mass until I was 11 or 12. My kids are Catholic and also go to a Catholic school.

I am a definate Atheist, although I still consider myself a Catholic Atheist. Weird I know!
Come join me as a pagan atheist. We get (or had) Thor and that **** had a hammer.

Your move Mohammed, your move.

foxy said:
It seems bastard posters are quick and eager to pull the "you are a racist" trigger to their own enjoyment because the subject of Islam is being discussed.

Generally they make good bedfellows though

A hatred of different cultures and/or beliefs more often than not, go hand in hand with inherant racism

It's like the folks that think it's acceptable to call the local newsagent the 'paki' shop

Do they believe they are being racist?

Probably not...but to the people who run that shop it would be deemed highly offensive

Don't judge from what words come out of your mouth

Judge by how others would percieve those words

IanBishopsHaircut said:
foxy said:
It seems bastard posters are quick and eager to pull the "you are a racist" trigger to their own enjoyment because the subject of Islam is being discussed.

A hatred of different cultures and/or beliefs more often than not, go hand in hand with inherant racism

It's like the folks that think it's acceptable to call the local newsagent the 'paki' shop

Probably not...but to the people who run that shop it would be deemed highly offensive

Calling someone a paki and saying religion is bollocks are not analogous.

SWP's back said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
foxy said:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53gUu-jN0Vo[/video]

SWP's back said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
foxy said:

That was just a parallel example on perceptions...linked only be the subject matter of racism coupled with fear and prejudice against the unknown foreigner and their obvious voodoo religion

Funny thing is that I have criticised and ridiculed Christianity on here for four years and not once did someone call me a racist for it.

Then you call Islam and all these tossers come out of the woodwork and scream racism simply because most Islamic adherents are brown.

Laughable.

SWP's back said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
foxy said:

Not to you maybe but if I were to walk into a shop owned by a Pakistani and say "You paki bastard, your religion is a load of made up bollocks based on myths about the paedophile Mohammed" I'm not sure the shopkeeper would appreciate the subtle difference. I doubt he'd respond by saying "You're quite at liberty to criticise my religion but I strongly object to your use of the term 'paki bastard'.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Not to you maybe but if I were to walk into a shop owned by a Pakistani and say "You paki bastard, your religion is a load of made up bollocks based on myths about the paedophile Mohammed" I'm not sure the shopkeeper would appreciate the subtle difference. I doubt he'd respond by saying "You're quite at liberty to criticise my religion but I strongly object to your use of the term 'paki bastard'.
I know I can be truculent but that would be pushing it some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.