Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:
corky1970 said:
swp , you know i like you and your general attitude and posts on here. but in the real world and in reality, do you honestly think saying that " coloured guy over there" would then result in being called racist ?

you need to be honest with yourself here, im not talking acedemics or history, im talking real world conversations between adults.

what if i was to say to a black guy who asked where another black guy was, do i think twice and " cough " and come out with some moron statement
" you know the guy who happens to be the same colour as you" .well hes sat over there. ?

thers no sensible argument or comeback to this,.
its just fucking madness !

I know that in my experience, with my friends, when I have asked the question, then they have told me that they don't like being called coloured yeah. 100%. Now I am not saying it is the same for everyone, but when I am told that and read on links such as those I provided that the majority find it offensive then that is good enough for me to not call anyone "coloured".

I wouldn't say that someone is racist for using that terminology, just ignorant. You can use the term "black or mixed race" without upsetting anyone so it's not as if your example is valid.

It's fairly straightforward.

fair point but i really dont think its right,

saying coloured is not in the slightest racist , ....its just getting silly .

you know what bud, we need to go for a pint .
:-)

my grandad still says it but isn't racist in any way ( i think lol). i think it's just outdated, not really a racist term.

to be honest i've always been mates with black and asian people so i don't really notice peoples ethnicity when i see them, i just see them as people. which i suppose is a good habit to have.

my mate is a student in leeds and one of his house mates is black and a bit of lad, when i go and visit there's always racist banter between him and the rest of the white guys that live there, it's all harmless and to be fair this black lad gives more out than the rest of them. i think that's the way it should be really.

ban-mcfc said:
my grandad still says it but isn't racist in any way ( i think lol). i think it's just outdated, not really a racist term.

to be honest i've always been mates with black and asian people so i don't really notice peoples ethnicity when i see them, i just see them as people. which i suppose is a good habit to have.

my mate is a student in leeds and one of his house mates is black and a bit of lad, when i go and visit there's always racist banter between him and the rest of the white guys that live there, it's all harmless and to be fair this black lad gives more out than the rest of them. i think that's the way it should be really.

Thats far too civilised for some people,however I have to agree with you and it appears that some people can be mature over it,without getting upset.
Bloke from Crewe who was very well known was called Black Bob,who in his prime just had to look at some people and they`d be shitting themselves.
He was the person who came up with the name way back in the 70`s and until his death some 3 years ago that was still his beloved name.
How do I know ?? I became very friendly with him when he first lived in Winsford and been out supping with him many a time.On numerous occasions he turned a blind eye and ear to some people,who would try and antagonise him because of his colour.
However overstep the mark and at your peril you would see him change from a fun loving individual to someone who could get a little angry shall we say.
For those of you who remember P.J.Proby,I saw him deck him on stage when he started to take the piss out of his colour.
Northwich Memorial Hall 1968.Proby then wouldn`t press any charges against Bob.

corky1970 said:
ban-mcfc said:

correct !!!

banter is fucking so funny , i get called a pale faced red necked cotton pickin fuckwit" . not for once do i think im being racially abused, its all context

there needs to be a grown up look at all of this , i genuinly love my extended family , i coulnt bare to be without them, and when im around them , colour does not even in the slightest micosecond come into my mind

it wont stop my best bud calling me a honkey red knecked twat , and i wont stop calling him a fucking rap terrorist

i got him last time though, biggie smalls came on when we were pre drinking to go out, i'm not really into rap music or hip hop but i liked the song so i said "this is a bit of tune", to which he replied "there's nothing worse than a scrawny white guy, listening to hip hop pretending to be black".... i then said "did someone say something? oh sorry mate i can't see you without the big light on"

he burst out laughing. now i would never say it to a black person i didn't know or someone i knew i couldn't have a laugh with, he's knows i'm not racist and we're mates so i think that's fine.

corky1970 said:
if someone ever asks me to point out my mates , ill point over and say.that black guy over there or that coloured guy over there............ i wont ask em to log into wiki

genuine question to didatic , are you pissing your sides at us offended white chaps getting het up over this.

my mate mark ( jamaican and the godfather to my son and me his son)has just twatted me in the shoulder and said " pass it on to the goons on bluemoon"

i will say this again .and i am not afraid to say it.

black, pink, white , brown, yellow with spots on..we are equal , no difference.

HOWEVER , if someone asks me to describe someone who is black .guess what .........yeh hes that black guy / coloured guy over there "

racist **** i am !!

ffs

Its stupid, people are getting all wound up over something that noone cares about. They just want to show others that "they are not racist" by seemingly fighting for the racism cause. There are other things people could do than worry about this.

Yes you can call me black, coloured or whatever if someone asked me a question like "I saw your mate last night." I could respond with which one "Mark the white guy? Or was Adam the black one from the gym?." Thats because thats what they are white and black.

Really nothing to see here.

back on topic, i'm not sure whether he should be sacked or not. keys and gray were sacked for something i found funny when i heard it but sky had to set a standard. i think what he said would be alright down the pub but to say it on a very popular tv show i'm not so sure.

i want him to be because i dislike him, whether or not he deserves to be for saying "coloured" i don't really know.

corky1970 said:
didactic said:
corky1970 said:
if someone ever asks me to point out my mates , ill point over and say.that black guy over there or that coloured guy over there............ i wont ask em to log into wiki

genuine question to didatic , are you pissing your sides at us offended white chaps getting het up over this.

my mate mark ( jamaican and the godfather to my son and me his son)has just twatted me in the shoulder and said " pass it on to the goons on bluemoon"

i will say this again .and i am not afraid to say it.

black, pink, white , brown, yellow with spots on..we are equal , no difference.

HOWEVER , if someone asks me to describe someone who is black .guess what .........yeh hes that black guy / coloured guy over there "

racist **** i am !!

ffs

Its stupid people are getting all wound over something that noone cares about. They just want to show others that "they are not racist" but seemingly fighting for the racism cause. There are other things people could do than worry about this.

Yes you can call me balck, coloured or whatever if someone asked me a question like "I saw your mate last night." I could respond with which one "Mark the white guy? Or was Adam the black one from the gym?." Thats because thats what they are white and black.

Really nothing to see here.

" claps"

Well we have the word of one black man so it must be the correct and only view.

Thank fuck for that. Anyway, I am not likely to trust a thing that diuretic says as he has labelled me racist on more than one occasion, usually I report it and the thread gets binned.

Godfather said:
moomba said:
To be fair I didnt realise it was an offensive term.

It's not one that I use but it used to be the PC way of describing black people.

Exactly. I do use black to described coloured people, but would have no idea I could offend anyone using such a simple word like coloured!

I really had no idea that it is considered a racist term if you say coloured.......begining to think this whole issue is a minefield and it's all a bit to silly

I know the OP was referring to the mass twitter outrage but still it proves that you can't any anything without the pc police winding their necks out...

How can 4 somalian black Muslim girls attack 1 white girl shouting at the same time "white slag" and it not be deemed as racist yet 1 middle aged deluded sports presenter says the word colored and the entire social network community is up in a mass exodus....

Priorities people, priorities!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.