Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

corky1970 said:
can some one tell me how to describe someone when asked a direct question about their colour ?

saying coloured is not racist , is an observation, they ARE COLOURED , are we supposed to replace, black, brown, coloured, with a " cough" and a point

some fucking morons on here.

we are ADULTS i believe ??????

fuck me sideways

+1 without being fucked sideways !! ;)

corky1970 said:
can some one tell me how to describe someone when asked a direct question about their colour ?

saying coloured is not racist , is an observation, they ARE COLOURED , are we supposed to replace, black, brown, coloured, with a " cough" and a point

fuck me sideways

Perhaps something like a paint chart might be useful?

It might have come in useful when John Charles de Menezes was murdered, sorry wrongly shot dead.

twinkletoes said:
corky1970 said:

fuck me sideways

Perhaps something like a paint chart might be useful?

It might have come in useful when John Charles de Menezes was murdered, sorry wrongly shot dead.

Not PC but it made me laugh out loud !!

corky1970 said:

fuck me sideways

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6132672.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6132672.stm</a>

The problem the BBC has is that they invariably have Hansen and Lawrenson torether as pundits. With the recent Suarez incident and subsequent punishment their reaction to, and comments about, this racist and his deserved punishment have been far from impartial. They can't seem to shake off their Liverpool shackles and view this without bias, all their coments have been along the lines of "racism isn't acceptable, however......." in a vain attempt to show Suarez as a misunderstood, misrepresented and harshly treated individual. It's sickening to watch.

corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:
corky1970 said:

fuck me sideways

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6132672.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6132672.stm</a>

if someone ever asks me to point out my mates , ill point over and say.that black guy over there or that coloured guy over there............ i wont ask em to log into wiki

genuine question to didatic , are you pissing your sides at us offended white chaps getting het up over this.

my mate mark ( jamaican and the godfather to my son and me his son)has just twatted me in the shoulder and said " pass it on to the goons on bluemoon"

i will say this again .and i am not afraid to say it.

black, pink, white , brown, yellow with spots on..we are equal , no difference.

HOWEVER , if someone asks me to describe someone who is black .guess what .........yeh hes that black guy / coloured guy over there "

racist **** i am !!

ffs

You wouldn't need to ask them to log into wiki. Most people already know what is generally deemed acceptable. I provided the link for you to educate yourself.

I'd always use the term black as opposed to coloured and have had this conversation with black mates before. It may not seem a huge thing but some people can't understand how the term "paki" isn't ok but "pakistani" is.

You seem to be the only one throwing a wobbler over this with your "ffs" and over exclamation.

Did you even read either of the links I provided?

ps - Say "hi" to Mark for me. I'd say we all have mates who are black and not everyone is offended by the same thing but why use a word that does offend some?

Matty said:
The problem the BBC has is that they invariably have Hansen and Lawrenson torether as pundits. With the recent Suarez incident and subsequent punishment their reaction to, and comments about, this racist and his deserved punishment have been far from impartial. They can't seem to shake off their Liverpool shackles and view this without bias, all their coments have been along the lines of "racism isn't acceptable, however......." in a vain attempt to show Suarez as a misunderstood, misrepresented and harshly treated individual. It's sickening to watch.

It depends on whether you agree that Suarez should have acquainted himself with what was acceptable to say in Britain as opposed to his native country, Uruguay.

I think there is scope for people to react differently dependent on which side of the line they stand in a footballing context.

Whether Hansen and Lawrenson are aware of this is a different matter.

corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:
corky1970 said:
if someone ever asks me to point out my mates , ill point over and say.that black guy over there or that coloured guy over there............ i wont ask em to log into wiki

genuine question to didatic , are you pissing your sides at us offended white chaps getting het up over this.

my mate mark ( jamaican and the godfather to my son and me his son)has just twatted me in the shoulder and said " pass it on to the goons on bluemoon"

i will say this again .and i am not afraid to say it.

black, pink, white , brown, yellow with spots on..we are equal , no difference.

HOWEVER , if someone asks me to describe someone who is black .guess what .........yeh hes that black guy / coloured guy over there "

racist **** i am !!

ffs

You wouldn't need to ask them to log into wiki. Most people already know what is generally deemed acceptable. I provided the link for you to educate yourself.

I'd always use the term black as opposed to coloured and have had this conversation with black mates before. It may not seem a huge thing but some people can't understand how the term "paki" isn't ok but "pakistani" is.

You seem to be the only one throwing a wobbler over this with your "ffs" and over exclamation.

Did you even read either of the links I provided?

ps - Say "hi" to Mark for me. I'd say we all have mates who are black and not everyone is offended by the same thing but why use a word that does offend some?

swp , you know i like you and your general attitude and posts on here. but in the real world and in reality, do you honestly think saying that " coloured guy over there" would then result in being called racist ?

you need to be honest with yourself here, im not talking acedemics or history, im talking real world conversations between adults.

what if i was to say to a black guy who asked where another black guy was, do i think twice and " cough " and come out with some moron statement
" you know the guy who happens to be the same colour as you" .well hes sat over there. ?

thers no sensible argument or comeback to this,.
its just fucking madness !

I know that in my experience, with my friends, when I have asked the question, then they have told me that they don't like being called coloured yeah. 100%. Now I am not saying it is the same for everyone, but when I am told that and read on links such as those I provided that the majority find it offensive then that is good enough for me to not call anyone "coloured".

I wouldn't say that someone is racist for using that terminology, just ignorant. You can use the term "black or mixed race" without upsetting anyone so it's not as if your example is valid.

It's fairly straightforward.

corky1970 said:
SWP's back said:
corky1970 said:
swp , you know i like you and your general attitude and posts on here. but in the real world and in reality, do you honestly think saying that " coloured guy over there" would then result in being called racist ?

you need to be honest with yourself here, im not talking acedemics or history, im talking real world conversations between adults.

what if i was to say to a black guy who asked where another black guy was, do i think twice and " cough " and come out with some moron statement
" you know the guy who happens to be the same colour as you" .well hes sat over there. ?

thers no sensible argument or comeback to this,.
its just fucking madness !

I know that in my experience, with my friends, when I have asked the question, then they have told me that they don't like being called coloured yeah. 100%. Now I am not saying it is the same for everyone, but when I am told that and read on links such as those I provided that the majority find it offensive then that is good enough for me to not call anyone "coloured".

I wouldn't say that someone is racist for using that terminology, just ignorant. You can use the term "black or mixed race" without upsetting anyone so it's not as if your example is valid.

It's fairly straightforward.

fair point but i really dont think its right,

saying coloured is not in the slightest racist , ....its just getting silly .

you know what bud, we need to go for a pint .

Grooming alert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.