should city sell de jong?

WooRiddim said:
Nige is a legend at the club and always will be SELL HIM??? i wouldnt for any price
A legend, in 3 years really? Is there a concept for a 'legend' anymore, hes a great player and a great bloke, but come on..

Nigel de Jong does not fit our system any more. He is an outstanding holding midfielder, first and foremost, however if you have to choose between Yaya and NDJ, Yaya wins every time because of his offensive upside compared to NDJ's zero offensive output. If we were playing a defensive game (such as away in Europe) then we have Yaya Toure and Barry. NDJ has no place in the team at present and should be sold in the off season, if for nothing else so he can play regular football.

Taranis said:
NDJ has no place in the team at present and should be sold in the off season, if for nothing else so he can play regular football.

He's started our last 4 games (played 90 minutes in all of them) in which we've scored 10 goals and conceded 1.

Like I said he's a great midfielder but we could have won those games without him. I think it's hard including him in such an offensive powerhouse that City has become, I mean do you go Johnson, Toure, Silva, Milner or do you bring in Nasri, Barry or de Jong?

BlueTG said:
WooRiddim said:
Nige is a legend at the club and always will be SELL HIM??? i wouldnt for any price
A legend, in 3 years really? Is there a concept for a 'legend' anymore, hes a great player and a great bloke, but come on..

If only he can perform like Yaya. Can he?
If not why is he a legend?

Without offensive prowess or WC skills he is only half the player that a central midfielder occupying or holding that vital position.

Remember NDJ was call on to perform in Yaya's absence, but as we know our results were poor. Was NDJ up to the task?

NDJ 'supporters or agents' should be ashamed of making NDJ a legend. For true football cognoscenti will ridicule at this suggestion.

Just like the British media and the scums did and overhyped Scholes.

Taranis said:
Nigel de Jong does not fit our system any more. He is an outstanding holding midfielder, first and foremost, however if you have to choose between Yaya and NDJ, Yaya wins every time because of his offensive upside compared to NDJ's zero offensive output. If we were playing a defensive game (such as away in Europe) then we have Yaya Toure and Barry. NDJ has no place in the team at present and should be sold in the off season, if for nothing else so he can play regular football.

We can understand that but not at the expense of City tho'.
I believe we have enough depth now we discover Piza can slipstream into our starting lineup seamlessly?

Yesterdays match show us that we are a side that can play beautiful football not the stilted & ponderous football when we deploy a holding midfielder who collects & passes the ball sideways.

Even VK joined in the fray knowing that he has a reliable CB backup in Kolo. Can NDJ? :)

Now wait till Silva & Piza hit it off too. No more ponderous or negative football. No more draws! Don't yoke our thoroughbreds with plodders or plowhorses!

Jogo Bonito!

Would be a very sad day at the etihad if he goes

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.