should city sell de jong?

Engelaar, really? Rather use Razak. We won't get £25million for Nigel with one year left on his contract, we'll probably cash in for around £10million-£12million in summer.

Still not match fit from his injury imo. Needs more games. Understand why he's below Yaya and Barry, but the guy can play. Keep him.

One very important thing he does have is the right ATTITUDE

Prestwich_Blue said:
Yes they should. We were discussing this before the game today. He was a great player for where we were, when we were soaking up pressure and not attacking as much. Now, we've gone past him and he's gone backwards a bit.

Like the goal against Liverpool? Who could we get who is as good?

pauldominic said:

First of all, I don't know if you are serious with that argument, but... the thing is we are not looking for someone like De Jong, only better; we are looking for a completely different type of player, someone like De Rossi, who would suit our current tactics much better than what Nigel does. Simple as that. I think Mancini really likes Nigel and think he is great at what he does, but we simply have no need for him, jut like Barcelona doesn't need a De Jong like midfielder and instead go for Busquets, or Real Madrid and Xabi Alosno, Bayern Munich and Schweinsteiger and so on...

Matt the Giant said:
pauldominic said:

First of all, I don't know if you are serious with that argument, but... the thing is we are not looking for someone like De Jong, only better; we are looking for a completely different type of player, someone like De Rossi, who would suit our current tactics much better than what Nigel does. Simple as that. I think Mancini really likes Nigel and think he is great at what he does, but we simply have no need for him, jut like Barcelona doesn't need a De Jong like midfielder and instead go for Busquets, or Real Madrid and Xabi Alosno, Bayern Munich and Schweinsteiger and so on...

Great post. I'll always be grateful to to Nige, he's been immense for us. If he stays as a rotation player I'll be delighted. Regular first team ? The way we play has changed and the personnel will to.

roj said:
Still not match fit from his injury imo. Needs more games. Understand why he's below Yaya and Barry, but the guy can play. Keep him.

One very important thing he does have is the right ATTITUDE

We need players like Nigel because they are top quality.

Matt the Giant said:
pauldominic said:

Of course I'm serious.

I can't be arsed to argue with you.

Madrid, Rome and Barcelona weren't built in a day.

pauldominic said:
Of course I'm serious.

I can't be arsed to argue with you.

Madrid, Rome and Barcelona weren't built in a day.

pauldominic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Yes they should. We were discussing this before the game today. He was a great player for where we were, when we were soaking up pressure and not attacking as much. Now, we've gone past him and he's gone backwards a bit.

You are of course entitled to believe what you will, but I find it odd to say De Jong is what this team needs now and in the future due to his goal (a whooping second since 2009) against Liverpool.
I think Prestwich sums it up perfectly: Nigel was immense when we needed him, but a surplus now that we don't need him. I'm sure he can continue to play a equally important role in the future, but not for Manchester City. It's pretty obvious for anyone to see what kind of game Mancini wants to play, and a solely defensive midfielder is not a requirement.

I can't think of any top European side where Nigel would be considered a necessary squad member, he's simply too limited.
I'm not having a go at him, not at all, quite the contrary I love him and think he was one of the most important players last year. But I am however a rational man and in my case common sense prevails over emotions.
He will be, and should be, sold unless he makes a drastic expansion in his range of quality. Cause as you say, top teams weren't built in a day, they constantly changed and evolved, moved on and became better and better, just like we will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.