should city sell de jong?

birchwoodgingerste said:
i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

This is getting on my tits a bit now.

There is very little wrong with what we have.
Everybody says vinny is world class so your looking at Lescott - who had been in sensational form this year and has got better and better to the point where now he very much compliments vinny and in my mind is a quality ball playing centre half.
No longer do I panic when he gets the ball.

Against Porto he was one of our best players.
He knows te league an fits in with the rest of the tam and players too. This year Lescott has been better than vinny!
Then there is Kolo who wasdoing well until the ACON and, for me, CB is the one position we don't really want Bobbo rotating too much. Then there is Savic and Boyata.

Both Lescott and vinny are working fine and have formed the best defensive partnership oin the prem for two consecutive seasons PLUS Lescott is scoring goals too!!!

Perhaps you need a fancy Italian name? Joleonie Lescottey?

doomuk said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
i like big nige over the past few seasons he has been one of my favourite city players but the more i look at his situation at city and his recent lack of match time maybe this is the right time to cash in and release some funds so bobby can go out and sign a centre back.would any over blues cash in now?

Everybody says vinny is world class so your looking at Lescott - who had been in sensational form this year and has got better and better to the point where now he very much compliments vinny and in my mind is a quality ball playing centre half.

He knows te league an fits in with the rest of the tam and players too. This year Lescott has been better than vinny!
Then there is Kolo who wasdoing well until the ACON and, for me, CB is the one position we don't really want Bobbo rotating too much. Then there is Savic and Boyata.

Both Lescott and vinny are working fine and have formed the best defensive partnership oin the prem for two consecutive seasons PLUS Lescott is scoring goals too!!!

A terse Jan Vertonghen will do just fine :P<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm --<br /><br />
pauldominic said:
Dax777 said:
Salar said:
dude that is hes job to protect the defenders
Perhaps the argument here is whether the defenders need so much protecting. Often the discussion surrounding De Jong always incorrectly focused (IMO). Yes, when he is flying around knocking boots and cruching slides, he looks mighty good.

But I often argued, last year, that perhaps the reason why there were so many tackles to be made in the first place, was because we were less capable at holding the ball, and demoralizing the opposition with out possession and movement. This argument was often shot down and ridiculed by some.

But as this season rolled along many more began to agree we seemed better overall. even though we had fewer crunching tackles being made.

That said, selling De Jong does not improve us, unless he is adamant about leaving. He is a solid football player, and always has been. But he is not a necessary one. As this season has summarily proved!

What?

NDJ knows exactly why his role is important.
read again! I said he was not a "necessary one." And that claim is supported by the fact that he didn't get as many games this season, and we are at the top. Not even when Yaya was off trying to bully the rest of Africa. He still only got in here and there. Suggesting that his role is NOT neccesary to the teams success. May be helpful, but not Necessary!

Dax777 said:
doomuk said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

A terse Jan Vertonghen will do just fine :P

-- Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm --

pauldominic said:
Dax777 said:
Perhaps the argument here is whether the defenders need so much protecting. Often the discussion surrounding De Jong always incorrectly focused (IMO). Yes, when he is flying around knocking boots and cruching slides, he looks mighty good.

But I often argued, last year, that perhaps the reason why there were so many tackles to be made in the first place, was because we were less capable at holding the ball, and demoralizing the opposition with out possession and movement. This argument was often shot down and ridiculed by some.

But as this season rolled along many more began to agree we seemed better overall. even though we had fewer crunching tackles being made.

That said, selling De Jong does not improve us, unless he is adamant about leaving. He is a solid football player, and always has been. But he is not a necessary one. As this season has summarily proved!

What?

NDJ knows exactly why his role is important.
read again! I said he was not a "necessary one." And that claim is supported by the fact that he didn't get as many games this season, and we are at the top. Not even when Yaya was off trying to bully the rest of Africa. He still only got in here and there. Suggesting that his role is NOT neccesary to the teams success. May be helpful, but not Necessary!

So Yaya is bullying Africa? I doubt it.

Why have you mis-spelt necessary without correcting yourself?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
TCIB said:
I think he did great tonight and i think he will be needed in many european matches.

I have to agree with you for this season at least as it looks like Mancini has decided last years formation is his European formation for the Europa League

Exactly this. yes.

We need to play like we did last season's prem a bit in europe until we mature as a team and get to grips with it.
Nige gives us the defensive shield we seem to really need in europe atm.

We also are a year smarter so can push better, Nige even pushed up a few times although i think he got a nose bleed from it.

TCIB said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
TCIB said:
I think he did great tonight and i think he will be needed in many european matches.

I have to agree with you for this season at least as it looks like Mancini has decided last years formation is his European formation for the Europa League

Exactly this. yes.

We need to play like we did last season's prem a bit in europe until we mature as a team and get to grips with it.
Nige gives us the defensive shield we seem to really need in europe atm.

We also are a year smarter so can push better, Nige even pushed up a few times although i think he got a nose bleed from it.

He also scored a superb goal :)

Nige to me is part of the fabric of this club. Unless he wants to go, I would never sell a true City warrior. Any more than I would sell Zabaleta, Kompany, Micah, or the other backbone players of this club.

Thought he had a decent game against porto, would rather get rid of Barry first because of his age.
dejong's form has steped up in the last couple of weeks all he needed was a decent run in the team, just that his injury got in the way and then couldn't get enough games to find his form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.