should city sell de jong?

Adam-mcfc said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
jonmcity said:
We have a Barry replacement in Milner.

milners not good enough!!
Lets remember that Milner is still quite young. As he mature I can see him playing the Barry role very well. But tbh I'd rather we bring in somebody like De Rossi (impossible now) or Javi Martinez

What we really need is two Yaya Toure's playing in the middle. Maybe Mancini will find just the guy, like he did with Yaya when nobody expected him to be anything more than a defensive mid and now he's the best CM in England.

Who knows maybe Milner could be that player. He certainly looked like it at Villa.

Players of a similar mould to yaya- look no further than fredy guarin or yann m'vila, may not be as direct or of the same quality but the similaritys are there.
The way i see it is nidge shouldnt go, resons being, who can we bring in that is of a better quality???.... there aren't many who can tackle and disribute aswel as nidge. Barry, although playing reasonably well of late hasnt got much more in him and doesnt offer as much as de jong does in our squad i dont think.

alky313 said:
Tevez City said:
Is there any club out there who is willing to pay +10 Million Pound for him ?

Bayern, Real, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga, Anzhi, Inter...

All of these clubs could use a central midfielder with Nigels ability.

Apart from Anzhi & PSG, I am not sure any of the others will offer +10 M for NDJ.

Juventus and Galatasaray were willing to pay "considerable fees" for him in January but we said no. Even those who think he isn't good enough for us should see that he is good enough for 98% of clubs in Europe. I think he has been back to his best lately and one of our better players but if he won't sign a contract for what has been offered we will get a good price for him I believe because there will be loads of interest. Juve and Gala were interested in January, Dortmund and Napoli were interested last summer. Lately, Inter, Real Madrid, Arsenal, and Liverpool's names have appeared in the gossip columns linked with him. I wouldn't begin to consider selling him to a Premier League club.

He's been better than Barry recently and also playing a lot more forward passes, he made some good passes against Lisbon.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, DJ+Barry+Milner = Fellaini! City doesn't need those jack of all trades to pass side way to the bank but a complete package DM like Fellaini who can boss the midfield alongside Yaya is the key to champions imo.

Something tells me it's not entirely impossible J Martinez will join us this summer, and with his presence here, De Jong will not be needed. He'll know that his playing time will be even further limited and will probably look for a move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.