Should Hughes resign?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
bizzbo said:
interesting isn't it... IF this doesn't improve greatly, how does he go from this job to another? He wouldn't get another big job, not that there are any... Is he like Fat Sam who easily gets a job at a smaller club down the road, a McLaren who goes abroad to rebuild his rep, or an O'Leary who disappears? Or, perhaps worse of all, he ends up as QPR's 3425th manager in two years?
Clough was able to rebuild his career after Leeds and I think he came out of that worse than Hughes will come out of city.

that's true. I guess however is there is something worse about a protracted, painful failure than an utter disaster that's over before it even began. O'Leary and McLaren are the ones who stick out to me, the had everything they could wish for but were found wanting. Everyone knows the Mclaren failure was abject, but maybe it was just the right man for the wrong job. If Hughes leaves on a down note, I imagine there will be enough people who think that way.

bizzbo said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Clough was able to rebuild his career after Leeds and I think he came out of that worse than Hughes will come out of city.

that's true. I guess however is there is something worse about a protracted, painful failure than an utter disaster that's over before it even began. O'Leary and McLaren are the ones who stick out to me, the had everything they could wish for but were found wanting. Everyone knows the Mclaren failure was abject, but maybe it was just the right man for the wrong job. If Hughes leaves on a down note, I imagine there will be enough people who think that way.
Yes there is something to be said about being a quick failure over a long term failure!

Freestyler said:
Been out of his depth at city long ago, time to go MH, this club is faaaaaaar to big for your management and always will be.

Dont know about always will be, but at this stage of his early career yes.

I would't resign, and I wouldn't expect any manager to resign, whether they were out of their depth or not.

If you're at the stage where people are thinking you've got to resign you're probably not that far away from a sacking and a big payout.

So why not stick with it and either see things improve, or pocket your money and walk away.

wickerblue said:
He wouldn't go voluntarily, why should he when he can wait and get a big pay out on the remainder of his contract.

The next two games are critical to his survival and any less than six points will not be acceptable and I think our owners will decide enough is enough.

The way I see it, it's not about another 2 wins or draws or whatever. We've had 80 games and we can all see how we are playing and what the manager has delivered. It's just not good enough.

If we win the next 2, that situation does not - and should not - change. Enough is enough.

Dear god.............you put the names Clough and "That c*nt" in the same world, how many pills have you taken?, you must be on medication to even think of comparing the best British manager ever ( Shankley a close second ) in ANY way with "That c*nt"..........:0)

We can't keep sacking managers, we just can't keep doing it. It is generally not a great method of improving the team. It might be an idea for our defenders to actually do the basics and defend and for that lazy sod Adebayor to actually give a bit of effort now and again.
It is also quite clear that Robinho is a complete and utter chancer and waste of a jersey.
Inner or outer? I'm probably a fence sitter in that I want the very best for City and would like Hughes to succeed but I'm not sure we can put up with many more utter crap performances like last night.

Okay stattos, what's the manager's overall record with us then (fill in the blanks please) :

P W D L F A Pts % Win Ratio

And then you could compare it with the manager you would like to replace him (if you're that way inclined).

blueonblue said:

Dear god.............you put the names Clough and "That c*nt" in the same world, how many pills have you taken?, you must be on medication to even think of comparing the best British manager ever ( Shankley a close second ) in ANY way with "That c*nt"..........:0)
No I'm not comparing them all I'm saying is that it's possible to rebuild your career. Clough had a dreadful time at Leeds and yet went on to be as you rightly point out one of the greats, will Hughes be a great? I very very much doubt it, will he be able to rebuild a career at somepoint.... perhaps, don't forget even Paul Jewell got 3 cracks in the Prem League!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.