Should John Terry be dropped.

Pam said:
liamctid said:
Because I was brought up to only hate united players.

He's a footballer and I like the way he plays and the countless trophies he's won as captain would suggest he's a half decent player.

If he was a tv personality or someone that you based your hatred on because of there personality then I could accept it. A lot of high profile players have cheated on there wives. A lot of top players scream at the ref, but not a lot have numerous newspapers constantly trying to set up someone, unlike Terry.

He was a childhood Essex rag, if that counts.

Stephen Ireland was a childhood Irish rag.

Carlos Tevez won the Champions League, Premier League with United.

liamctid said:
Pam said:
He was a childhood Essex rag, if that counts.

Stephen Ireland was a childhood Irish rag.

Carlos Tevez won the Champions League, Premier League with United.

I wasn't trying to make a serious point.

mat said:
mackenzie said:
I can't understand what Terry sought to achieve, by putting it into the public domain.

How does that help England?

It doesn't. it helps Terry.

He's risking the wrath of a nations football fans and destroying a squad by stirring, the majority of football fans think he's a devious bastard and he's lost money and sponsorship deals from it. If England turn it around and have a respectable tournament, the sycophantic press will hail him a hero and everything he's done will be instantly wiped clean and the money from deals will come rolling in again.

And if we go out in the group stages Terry just shrugs his shoulders and says "Well, I did try" whereas if we go through Terry can bask in the glory of the more gullible who think his outburst was the deciding factor.

He is in a win win situation here I think.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:57 pm --<br /><br />
scottyboi said:
JT and Beckham are the only guys who care about england, for all his wrong doings terry should be Captain.

They all care imho.

In fact the fear to fail is actually inhibiting them.

scottyboi said:
JT and Beckham are the only guys who care about england, for all his wrong doings terry should be Captain.

are you a mind reader? how do you know which members of the squad care about england? john terry mr chelsea and england i suppose he donated all the cash he got showing people round stamford bridge back to the club, i believe the tea lady got a good xmas pressie

hilts said:
scottyboi said:

are you a mind reader? how do you know which members of the squad care about england? john terry mr chelsea and england i suppose he donated all the cash he got showing people round stamford bridge back to the club, i believe the tea lady got a good xmas pressie

I only ever see on guy on the pitch trying to rally the team, and it aint starfish or any of the other 'Stars'.

One day England will use Friendlys to bring threw new young talent. Instead of using the same players for the past 8 years near enough.

Can't really afford to drop him with so few options left at CB. He has some huge fans in the media so I'm sure whatever happens he'll get hailed as a great leader who either had the courage to stand up to a lost the plot Capello and get the system changed or the only right thinking man if we got knocked out. Just listen to Andy Townsend tonight!

If was Gerrard I'd be telling him to keep his mouth shut. If the squad have a problem it should have been his job to chat to Fabio. Terry has undermined Gerrard totally and I'd be very interested to hear what other players think of his leadership skills. my own personal opinion is that he has Joey Barton syndrome and it is better to be on the side of the bully than the victim.

Also the amount of pressure being heaped on Joe Cole is incredible.

scottyboi said:
hilts said:

I only ever see on guy on the pitch trying to rally the team, and it aint starfish or any of the other 'Stars'.

One day England will use Friendlys to bring threw new young talent. Instead of using the same players for the past 8 years near enough.

i dont believe any of our problems are down to effort or desire, even team selection and tactics can only go so far, the problem is we dont have enough good players with different qualities, if 3 england managers cant get the players to perform then it tells me we aint good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.