Should Lescott get a new contract?

The Road Sweeper said:
Yes he should. He knows the Premier League inside out. Decent enough cover when playing the likes of Stoke, Crystal Palace away or early cup rounds. I wouldn't have him as first choice but as a back up centre half definately yes. It would be difficult to find anyone better, with his experience who could either fit straight in when asked or would be happy as second choice.

Your be mad to let him go. still a top center half and a great pro. Love to have him at arsenal. Top player.

gooner2 said:
The Road Sweeper said:
Yes he should. He knows the Premier League inside out. Decent enough cover when playing the likes of Stoke, Crystal Palace away or early cup rounds. I wouldn't have him as first choice but as a back up centre half definately yes. It would be difficult to find anyone better, with his experience who could either fit straight in when asked or would be happy as second choice.

Your be mad to let him go. still a top center half and a great pro. Love to have him at arsenal. Top player.

I think we'd be mad to let him go too. like you say, good pro and seems fairly grounded.

The Road Sweeper said:
gooner2 said:
The Road Sweeper said:

I think we'd be mad to let him go too. like you say, good pro and seems fairly grounded.

Him and kompany are you best two center backs if you ask me. they formed key partnership when you won the league

Bruun said:
If he's willing to go down in wage, definately.

Bit harsh considering they all demand far to high a wage these days. no point letting him go unless you get quaity replacement in for him. you don,t have bar kompany many quality center backs bar lescott.

Depends if we have someone lined up for his job who is better.

We can see right now, how important it is to have quality options at centre back, even if it appears everything is covered.

Imagine we had to go away in the Champions League & win, let's say at Galatasaray or let's say Celtic. Someone has to stand up & be counted in all kinds of atmosphere, against all kinds of situations, against different types of players, possibly a big centre forward one game., then a small tricky Aguero type the next, & you fuck Lesccott off, & replace him with, for instance, Rekik ?

Smalling, Jones, Evans & even Carrick, are way way ahead of someone like Rekik, & I doubt we would feel comfortable with any of those.

If a kid is to replace Lescott, then we have to see that kid in action against the kind of opposition we will face in a title/european challenge.

Any of you who claim you have seen Rekik, or any other of our young defenders, show the kind of quality/strength/bottle we require to challege for trophies, is lying like fuck.

You are guessing, & hoping it happens so you can say 'I told you so'. Load of bollocks.

We need to sign a centre back if we let Lescott go, & any kids that come through can do so naturally, over time, when they deserve it.

Neville Kneville said:
Depends if we have someone lined up for his job who is better.

We can see right now, how important it is to have quality options at centre back, even if it appears everything is covered.

Imagine we had to go away in the Champions League & win, let's say at Galatasaray or let's say Celtic. Someone has to stand up & be counted in all kinds of atmosphere, against all kinds of situations, against different types of players, possibly a big centre forward one game., then a small tricky Aguero type the next, & you fuck Lesccott off, & replace him with, for instance, Rekik ?

Smalling, Jones, Evans & even Carrick, are way way ahead of someone like Rekik, & I doubt we would feel comfortable with any of those.

If a kid is to replace Lescott, then we have to see that kid in action against the kind of opposition we will face in a title/european challenge.

Any of you who claim you have seen Rekik, or any other of our young defenders, show the kind of quality/strength/bottle we require to challege for trophies, is lying like fuck.

You are guessing, & hoping it happens so you can say 'I told you so'. Load of bollocks.

We need to sign a centre back if we let Lescott go, & any kids that come through can do so naturally, over time, when they deserve it.

agree 100$. you got to keep lescott untill you find a experienced world class center half to replace him. he still a good player in my view

Isn't he on 90k a week, there or there abouts? No way should we be keeping him unless he takes a significant pay cut. He's not suited to the way we play, got nothing against him he's done well in his time here but time for us to part ways I think. I hope to see Rekik take his spot next season.

Forget what City wants! What does Lescott want? From what I have read from him. He wants to be a starter, and he'd like a chance at making the World Cup. None of the above can be achieved playing for City. If I am reading this right, Big Les will be heading out in January.

So City will either be getting a CD or going with Boyata.

Dax777 said:
Forget what City wants! What does Lescott want? From what I have read from him. He wants to be a starter, and he'd like a chance at making the World Cup. None of the above can be achieved playing for City. If I am reading this right, Big Les will be heading out in January.

So City will either be getting a CD or going with Boyata.

What a bizarre interpretation of what Lescott said.

Daily Star by any chance ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.