Should Lescott get a new contract?

mcfc2607 said:
Not good enough sorry
definitely good enough to be a squad player, but on a max wage of about 35k a week and that's probably why the club aren't willing to get him to sign an extension he won't take a >50% paycut

No, he doesn't suit what we need anymore, and he deserves to go off to another club and make the most of the rest of his career.

If we can bring someone in in January and let him go so he can make a late charge at the World Cup squad then I say all good, because he deserves a good send off because he's more than played his part in our evolution.

I have a lot of time for Lescott. He's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people make out and despite his limitations, he is a very decent backup defender imo. The manager must think he's fucking awful though given the number of times he has picked Garcia in the back four ahead of him so it is probably in everybody's interest for him to move to a club where he'll get more games.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Nice fella, good stopper, limited footballing ability. Stays if he wants but at the wage we want to pay.

good way of putting it. I'm surprised he wants to stay though, its clear his best days at city are behind him

Lancet Fluke said:
The manager must think he's fucking awful though given the number of times he has picked Garcia in the back four ahead of him so it is probably in everybody's interest for him to move to a club where he'll get more games.
He picks Garcia because he can kick a ball with his right foot, which Lescott only uses for standing on. Lescott is fine anywhere on the left side, facing forwards, but he can only use the one foot, so put him on the wrong side, or the wrong foot, and he struggles badly.

Keep him for me, he's a decent left sided centre back (and good in the air), and could probably fill in at left back if we were desperate, but never use him on the right side of anything.

Played his part in winning the League but it is time to cash in unless he is willing to accept a squad role on reduced terms.

Yes he should. He knows the Premier League inside out. Decent enough cover when playing the likes of Stoke, Crystal Palace away or early cup rounds. I wouldn't have him as first choice but as a back up centre half definately yes. It would be difficult to find anyone better, with his experience who could either fit straight in when asked or would be happy as second choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.