Should Lescott get a new contract?

invisableman said:
Yes definatley we're short as it is, and when he's played on the left side alongside vinny we look solid
it wasnt long ago, vinny was making the mistakes and lescott was the better of the two... cos it was vinny, and he was our captain and leader, nothing was said... lescott gets some unfair stick on here imo.

As long as its on a reduced wage and its made clear that he's back up to Nasty and Vinny I don't see why not. Granted I shit my pants everytime he receives the ball in and around our 18yard box and his distribution comes across as though he's shit his own pants, but he still has enough quality as a defender to play a part in our immediate future.

I actually still rate lescott if he has a run of games he can do a very good job for us. Obv he's not first choice but give him a year or 2 extension money shouldn't e to much of a problem. How much is the new guy we signed on demichilles.

no.. there are a lot defenders out there better than him and in much less wages

I like Lescott... Seems a nice guy... However, he is quite obviously pretty intelligent as he has for at least a year said he is happy to fight for his place... This, to me, means he knows the writing is on the wall and he probably knows he is on his way out.
Personally, I think we should have strengthened this position as part of our early summer signings.
But we didn't because we didn't invisage the injury problems we would have in this area.
I would have liked us to look, again, at Agger but now the transfer window is shut we can hopefully get to January and then redeem the situation.
I would be happy enough giving Boyata a run rather than trying to patch-up things at the back.
It is a critical part of our team and when you look, historically, at the Premier League, it is usually the team with the least goals against that win it.

Only to be a squad player, he gives me the willies everytime he has the ball!!! Nasty a better overall player.

TGR said:
Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here make him out to be. Should he have a new contract? If we can re-negotiate his salary then yes. I think this would be more than possible as I don't think too many other clubs will be prepared to pay him what we pay him now. As we know from this season we need all of the experienced central defenders we can get - just in case.

Rubbish. Lescott was never a top four player - made to look good by having security blanket in front of him, the england keeper behind, and the best central defender in europe next to him.
Now he's exposed and his frailties are too. I've never rated him - and 23m was utterly ludicrous. Kolo Toure was the better defender...........................and he wasnt good enough either.

Let's get Richards in there in the League Cup and FA Cup and maybe even Rodwell to see how they make out. They both have pace and aerial ability too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.